DSD Editing software

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I know it's a stretch for folks to get into Sonoma or Pyramix, but I've found this software to be pretty fascinating so far.

The best thing is it's FREE!! Does PCM up to 384kHz and DSD256fs!!

Tascam DSD editor

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Bruce, you are the man!

FREE is NOT a four letter word in my house.

Thank you!

Thanks.... I know some folks were stuck at DSD128fs with AudioGate and the limited functionality, especially now that Audiogate isn't free.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Thanks.... I know some folks were stuck at DSD128fs with AudioGate and the limited functionality, especially now that Audiogate isn't free.

Cool. Do you know off hand if it does DSD gain changes, or normalizing etc without PCM conversion, or is basic slice and join. Lots of good free options now!

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Cool. Do you know off hand if it does DSD gain changes, or normalizing etc without PCM conversion, or is basic slice and join. Lots of good free options now!

As far as I can tell, it just cuts, fades and combines. Don't know if it converts to PCM, though the word on the street is that it stays in native DSD. Was just now reading the manual.

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
As far as I can tell, it just cuts, fades and combines. Don't know if it converts to PCM, though the word on the street is that it stays in native DSD. Was just now reading the manual.

Interesting.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
BTW, Pro Tools is now free as well.

Not Pro Tools, but Pro Tools First, a feature-limited version.

Still, it's quite cool.

But for not much more than free, there's Reaper - it's a beast!

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Oops! Thanks Bruce.;)

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I know it's a stretch for folks to get into Sonoma or Pyramix, but I've found this software to be pretty fascinating so far.

The best thing is it's FREE!! Does PCM up to 384kHz and DSD256fs!!

Tascam DSD editor

Hi Bruce,

I just stumbled upon this thread. I didn't realize this software existed. Have you ran it through the paces yet? Is there any noticeable degradation to the sound?

It appears that it does the "DSD Wide" approach to editing offline. It fit's in exactly with the discussion on the multibit DSD thread.

Last edited:

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Hi Bruce,

I just stumbled upon this thread. I didn't realize this software existed. Have you ran it through the paces yet? Is there any noticeable degradation to the sound?

It appears that it does the "DSD Wide" approach to editing offline. It fit's in exactly with the discussion on the multibit DSD thread.

It's pretty limited in it's functionality. It's mainly used for chopping up tracks for folks who rip tape/vinyl. AudioGate software offers a little more, though it doesn't do Quad DSD

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
It's pretty limited in it's functionality. It's mainly used for chopping up tracks for folks who rip tape/vinyl. AudioGate software offers a little more, though it doesn't do Quad DSD

Have you compared it's offline PCM to quad DSD conversion with Pyramix?

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Reactions: Bumeaung50

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing