Trying a full Reimyo stack

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have around 3 hours listening to this system in my listening area, I will post detailed findings IMO once I reach some additional hours, so far this is one of the most analogue-sounding set-up I have heard here, excellent detail rendering that one can listen for hours, great presence and palpable images and maybe a little recessed in comparison with the explosive Acoustic Arts rig.

11924237_1185596491466976_1147066823382854273_n.jpg

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks Steve, this Reimyo setup is a loaner from the importer, I am still holding my previous system. Looking forward meeting all at RMAF this year!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have no experience with the Reimyo separates, but a good friend owned a Reimyo integrated and we had great listening sessions with it. Great scale orchestral music sounded excellent, and voices had a very natural sound. Unfortunately unavailability of the CD mechanism forced Reimyo to stop manufacturing the CDP 777.

When he learned that there were no more spare mechanisms at the factory my friend moved to another player - I still miss the silky sound of his Reimyo.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have no experience with the Reimyo separates, but a good friend owned a Reimyo integrated and we had great listening sessions with it. Great scale orchestral music sounded excellent, and voices had a very natural sound. Unfortunately unavailability of the CD mechanism forced Reimyo to stop manufacturing the CDP 777.

When he learned that there were no more spare mechanisms at the factory my friend moved to another player - I still miss the silky sound of his Reimyo.

I had the cdp777 some moons ago, as good as it was at that time compared to other cd players, I tried hard to keep it on the neutral side of the spectrum since it tended to be a tad aggressive some times, this separates are mostly re-done and render a great analog-like sound WITH the Reimyo Preamp/amp combo I am also trying here.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Flez! Very nice! Look forward to your further comments! Enjoy.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
After 24 hours of critical listening (with some additional lended ears as well) I can honestly say this is one of the best midrange rendering system I have heard in my room. more later!

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I had the cdp777 some moons ago, as good as it was at that time compared to other cd players, I tried hard to keep it on the neutral side of the spectrum since it tended to be a tad aggressive some times, this separates are mostly re-done and render a great analog-like sound WITH the Reimyo Preamp/amp combo I am also trying here.
Had that unit moons ago too. Best mids I heard from a cdp, a little light at the high end which was a good thing IMHO. This was the original version before they cost reduced it and it disappeared.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
great news, Flez!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Had a friend last night who is also cellist at the Symphonic Orchestra here, he liked the system a lot!, I always appreciate a musician/artist comment since they privilege other assets than we audio.... :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing