So any feedbacks on R2R tapes played at the 2010 RMAF yet?

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
How did the R2R tapes do at the show?

It should have stoled the show...and the carpets would had to been steam cleaned in the R2R tape playing rooms from the drools left by the thousands...

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
How did the R2R tapes do at the show?

It should have stoled the show...and the carpets would had to been steam cleaned in the R2R tape playing rooms from the drools left by the thousands...

Sorry to say I drool over the machines not the recordings.

U47

Apr 23, 2010
Portland, Oregon
www.reeltapes.net
RMAF 2010 short reel show report

Charlie and I played reels in Audio Note room on Friday and Saturday evenings and in the Doshi/Wilson Sasha room on Saturday and Sunday as well as in the Einstein/Acappella room on Saturday. Tapes were greeted with much fanfare and excitement. J-Corder had 5 or 6 of his machines- all spinning reels at the same time. The Magico room had Nagra T with Bottlehead electronics and was probably the hardest room to get into at the show. Kara was spinning reels with her new tube tape preamp and Ampex 351 transport in the DeHaviland/Sonist room. There were a few other rooms with open reel that I could not make it to. Don't look for much coverage from the press on tape. David Cope of AudioNote took some amazing pics on Saturday evening. Will post them when they come in.
The legend, Ki Choi, was sorely missed at the show. We're all hoping he can make it to Vegas in January. Charlie was beaming after meeting and talking with one of his heroes, Prof. Keith Johnson. Here is a poor pic I shot with my phone. David Chesky is to the right.

Rich Brown

Attachments

• IMG_0002..jpg
    IMG_0002..jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 145

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing