Narcos - Official Trailer 1 & 2 - Netflix [HD]

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
As there is no new Ray Donovan this evening we will be start watching season 2 of Narcos. Last evening we replayed the last episode from Season 1 as a reminder.

Just a note that if you like Narcos you will probably enjoy "Queen of the South". We are all caught up on that and have to wait for the final two episodes in the newt two weeks .

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Just a note that if you like Narcos you will probably enjoy "Queen of the South". We are all caught up on that and have to wait for the final two episodes in the newt two weeks.

Is this TV Series based on actual events?
________

Narcos is, with some fictional touches, of course...like Judy Moncada, the pretty wife of Kiko Moncada.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/1819...al-pablo-escobar-is-still-shrouded-in-mystery
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li.../item/pablos-escape-la-catedral-narcos-924393

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

Wagner Moura said:
The idea of Narcos was always beyond Escobar. That’s Jose Padilha’s ida. He’s the guy who created the show is a very good friend of mine, and that’s why he cast me as Pablo. I was Brazilian and skinny, so I wasn’t the obvious choice. But I know the idea was to do a show about something that’s really important, which is the drug trade. Escobar was just the beginning.

I can say that the idea is to have a third season about the Cali cartel, and another one about Mexico. Mexico nowadays is what Colombia was back in the 80s — a narco country, a country completely dominated by the drug trade. So it goes beyond Escobar.

Looks like I was on the right track! Here we go!

On the contrary, I am hoping that firstly Season 02 is every bit as gripping as S01 (tall order for sure).

Secondly, that there is a S03...

...about El Chapo!

Thirdly, that the immersion is fuller rather than from the perspective of the DEA.

We're 5 Episodes in and enjoying it so far!

If they make another season, it could well be about the Cali cartel too.

Last edited:

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Watched the first two episodes from Season 2 last evening. Looks like it could be better than Season 1.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Just finished watching episode 10. Very good series and by the looks at the end there might be a chance that there will be a series 3 about the Cali cartel.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Just finished watching episode 10. Very good series and by the looks at the end there might be a chance that there will be a series 3 about the Cali cartel.

Based on Moura's interview excerpts above, there isn't any doubt unless funds are cut: the original plan was to move on to Cali and then the Cartels in Mexico after that.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Lindeman, from your memory (regarding Season 1), were you more personally captivated by watching Season 2?

And I agree with you, and YashN; Narcos will have a Season 3 and a Season 4 (if Season 2 is popular with the World public).

I watched few documentaries about Pablo Escobar; and Narcos Season 1 and 2 are only a small glimpse on all what the man was responsible for...his orders to kill so many people. And people under his spell will kill anyone for few bucks. He truly gave Columbia a bad name; he destroyed his country and its people.
________

* Bonus: http://xpatnation.com/pablo-escobars-secret-cia-connection-in-peru-made-him-billions/ ? "The Super Queen"
http://www.insightcrime.org/news-analysis/why-peru-top-cocaine-producer
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...ertakes-colombia-as-top-cocaine-producer?lite

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Boom!

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/narcos-netflix-two-seasons-renewed-1201852692/

“Narcos” will return for at least two more seasons, Netflix announced Tuesday morning.

The announcement comes only a few days after the streaming service released all ten episodes of Season 2 on Friday, Sept. 2.

‘Narcos’ Bosses Talk Season 2 and Beyond: ‘We’ll Stop When the Drug Trade Stops’

José Padilha and Eric Newman will continue to executive produce the show

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We are now thru episode 7 of Season 2. Enjoying it even more than Season 1. Looking forward to the demise of Escobar in the last three episodes.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Finished it this long week-end, a great ride, not as good a season as S01 for us as there are a couple of things I've noticed, but still gripping to the end.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Finished it this long week-end, a great ride, not as good a season as S01 for us as there are a couple of things I've noticed, but still gripping to the end.

I too found Season 1 overall slightly more 'gripping'. But Season 2 was great too, on characters fleshing. ...A great complement, a great direction.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I too found Season 1 overall slightly more 'gripping'. But Season 2 was great too, on characters fleshing. ...A great complement, a great direction.

I loved both seasons. Season two was just prolonged to 10 episodes.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I loved both seasons. Season two was just prolonged to 10 episodes.

I do feel like the same story in S02 could have been told in a more succinct manner but it didn't feel like there were scenes which were way too long or that I was wasting my time.

Some of the things which I found not up to par were the scenes which contrasted his family life simultaneously with the chaos outside for dramatic effect, I felt like these were overdone, and secondly some of the inaccuracies, but then again, we knew from S01 that the authors would take some leeway for their adaptation.

The segment with his father could easily have turned out bad, but it was in fact quite rich in teachings.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm ready for Season 3 and 4. :b

* Regarding episode 9, with his Dad; his Dad was the only person who was honest enough to tell him what he thought of him. That was my favorite episode, like I mentioned previously.
His Dad wasn't afraid of him. All his son's billions meant nothing to his Dad; that did not make the son a better man...just the total opposite.
And for the Colombian government to be so weak and corrupted plunged them deeper into the abyss of hell.
It is amazing to me that Pablo Escobar lived that long, till age 44. He bought all his time with drug money, living like a big huge zero, a nothing dot in the universe, a no shining star.
This drug business is corrupting so many people that we live in an upside down dark world. ...And it spreads in all other businesses as well...pharmaceutical drugs...all that jazz.

I think the real Pablo Escobar in real life was much worst than the one depicted in Narcos. I watched documentaries and read articles from online and youtube; people like Escobar live that long because they can buy the entire justice system...judges, attorneys, CIA, DEA, army, police, all. Everyone has a price, and drug lords they know that and they can make a criminal out of anybody.

Yeah, one of the two DEA agents was dealing info with some of the most ruthless drug criminals and killers, from both sides...Javier Peña.

A show like Narcos can make you research into the entire system's fabric of our society, its culture, its development. ...Any country, not just Colombia...but many countries...Mexico, USA, Europe, Russia, China, India, ...
Narcos shows us how bad people around the drug trade are. What a shame, what a big big shame. And the same for all who were bought.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It is just too hot, even @ night, here to watch TV. Summer evenings are best outside contemplating the moon surrounding the stars above and reflecting over the ocean's diamond surface. When the temperature cools off, later on in this Fall, Narcos Season 3 will be there.

It is 80 F around 10:00 pm inside, way too hot for me. This is another record breaking summer temperature on the west coast. They say we have 160 forest fires burning, and the big ones are going to burn till fall 2018. No, I am not kidding.
Narcos will just have to wait for now. Anyone here watched an episode or two?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing