Narcos - Official Trailer 1 & 2 - Netflix [HD]

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Me too. They could have closed it out in three more episodes. If they follow the timeline. I sure hope they don't "Hobbitize" season 2 by dragging it out with fluff.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I enjoyed season 1 and have been looking forward to tomorrow's release of Season 2.

In the meantime we started watching Queen of the South. This one has some key female leads and is getting better each week.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
It's on! :D

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 1.21.55 PM.jpg

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Me too. They could have closed it out in three more episodes. If they follow the timeline. I sure hope they don't "Hobbitize" season 2 by dragging it out with fluff.

On the contrary, I am hoping that firstly Season 02 is every bit as gripping as S01 (tall order for sure).

Secondly, that there is a S03...

...about El Chapo!

Thirdly, that the immersion is fuller rather than from the perspective of the DEA.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I've watched two episodes so far and again, it's very good.

We're 5 Episodes in and enjoying it so far!

There are a couple of instances where it's a bit cheesy I thought but I won't mention it yet so as not to spoil any enjoyment.

Otherwise, it's setting up for a great season.

If they make another season, it could well be about the Cali cartel too.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I've read rumors of a Season 3. ... El Chapo ... Joaquín Guzmán - Drug Lord

By the way I watched all ten episodes of Season 2; it was very very good. Still, Season 1 was better, in the sense that it was Pablo's ascension.
The most rewarding aspect of having watched Season 2 entirely? The incentive motivation to search more on the real life characters; their real agenda @ the time, and where they are now today and how they live.

I don't want to spoil anything; Pablo's relationship with his mother, and father; are important factors of the life he chose.
In season 2 we discover his Dad; and that for me was the major turning point...that was my favorite episode.

Pablo Escobar is gone since 1993, but Columbia is still there, and the cocaine business is still alive...with new players.

All in all Narcos season 2 is a great show. ...All ten episodes. And when we learn about Pablo's family...his wife, son and daughter, Mom & Dad...where they are today, what was like to be Pablo's family...wow, that's even more fascinating.
Also, the two USA DEA agents...them too have quite interesting real life stories.
And the last scene on the last episode of Narcos season 2, ...Javier Peña, one of the two DEA agents...I won't spoil anything, but it leaves questions...that only Season 3 can truly answer.
________

There is no honor in being a criminal businessman. There is no honor in the cartel members.
Pablo's brought the worst in people; vengeance, blood, killing innocent people...Pablo was a disease that spread all over this corrupted world of drugs and money.
Pablo had no value for life. I am amazed that he reigned over his sickening empire for so long, and all the people around him...all his friends and all his enemies.
His mother was his worst enemy, and his father was his final liberation. Pablo was blind, blind of not being shown life's true important values...

Yes, that show invites us to look for the real life people living on the American continent...from Medellin, Columbia to Miami, Florida (USA). ...And expanding all over...the coca business.
If cocaine was legal just imagine for a second what that would mean for us all living in America...

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Me I have a strong feeling that we'll see a Season 3 ... and beyond. It helps too that I watched the last episode.
And the link you just provided Steve, is another very good predicament...

“Narcos” hints at the effects of this complex system of crime in its final Season 2 scenes, as the DEA notes that drug sales have only increased since Escobar was killed. It’s noted that the Calis did business completely differently from the Medellin Cartel, which allowed it to quickly gain strength as law enforcement focused on Escobar.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
They did renew 'Making a Murderer' for 10 seasons.

That's the opportunity provided by the title and the success.

'Narcos' could therefore be about any Narco trafficante/cartel.

You're absolutely correct. Narcos was a two season Netflix series about Pablo Escobar but now as Bob and you suggest it does make perfect sense to discuss others as the Cali cartel

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
And you will have a much clearer picture when you'll see the last scene of episode 10 from season 2 of Narcos.
If Season 2 is popular as much as Season 1 ... this was just an introduction with Mr. Pablo Escobar.
Now he is gone for sure, let see the real cocaine players who now control the business after Escobar's departure in 1993.

Mr. Pablo was in the coca business for two decades. There are another two decades plus after him.

And when Pablo's wife asked for protection of her family (after Pablo's death), the man she asked to was none other than Pablo's worst enemy who wanted to kill him and all his family and friends, and with an absolute vengeance. You'll see as further you go in the episodes. And that man made a deal with her... And that same man is on the first picture of that link you provided earlier.

Methinks that there is plenty of material for another couple seasons covering the next two decades after 1993...when cocaine business grew exponentially.

Another thing I really like from Season 2 is the way the Columbian government worked. They seem so retro that it looks like hundred years ago.
I guess today public images are starting to go with info/intel...with all the Internet information highway.
What appears to be angels in the sky are angels of deception and corruption.

Recently there is a guy who said that human-induced global warming is a sin. It is committing a crime against the natural world.
Cocaine labs, human trafficking, human kidnapping, chemicals used in our food, drugs, atmosphere, in our children...all that jazz.

Pink Floyd: "Leave the kids alone." ...From "The Wall".

Narcos is a fantastic show...both seasons. Each episode is roughly only 45 minutes; you can skip the rolling credits and the part after the opening.
Then it's like watching Lord of the Rings extended edition first film that lasts 5 episodes of Narcos. Watch the 2nd film of LOTR ext.ed. and you're done with Narcos Season 2.
And, it's very easy because it's very interesting...it really captures your interest and attention and you don't feel to go to sleep...even if slightly tired.

Ok, we need a Spoiler feature here @ WBF. :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
"The closing episodes of “Narcos” brings the rise of Escobar’s successors: the Cali Cartel and its top men, Helmer “Pacho” Herrera and Escobar’s former partner, Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela.

In Season 2, the Calis helped bring down Escobar through an unholy alliance with Judy Moncada — whose husband Escobar killed — as well as the extremist anti-communist Castaños brothers and the CIA, who wanted assurance they had say in who took over the drug trade."

The names in bold letters above; I'm dying to see what happened with them all. Plus Pablo's own family...wife, two kids and Mom and Dad.
And then the new names ... like Joaquín Guzmán - "El Chapo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing