Narcos - Official Trailer 1 & 2 - Netflix [HD]

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
we finished Season 3 of Narcos yesterday and all I can say is "wow"

Season 3 is about as bloody and action packed as season 1 with Pablo Escobar. The last few episodes especially the last one of season 3 will have you literally on the edge of your seats

There is hint of a season 4 as the DEA devotes its energy now to drugs coming out of Mexico but leaving the fate of Pena to be determined

Season 3 is not to be missed if you are a Narcos fan. You won't be disappointed

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Speaking of season number four:
http://www.slashfilm.com/narcos-location-manager-killed-carlos-munoz-portal/

Yes, season #4 will bring us to Mexico, and we know where one of the bad dudes is right now; Manhattan, New York, awaiting his day in court. ...Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

SPOILER ALERT

Season 3, like you said Steve, was bloody in some parts, certainly. We learned more about some characters from the previous firth two seasons. ...And what characters they are! ...From emotionally unstable to hardcore killers to the worst of mankind to the calculated leader who finds solace and protection in jail, and who brought his brother and two other drug lords with him to share meals in jail.

It is certainly a bizarre world, of control, money, power, dynasty and legacy. There are no life values in this world of drug empire and corruption. And it is as real in real life as the weather across the globe.

From my own personal vibes I was more captivated with the first two seasons, mainly because of the notorious Pablo Escobar. Season three showed us that even with Escobar departed the traffic of drugs keeps going, and the corruption along with it, and @ the highest levels of the governments and forces of order.

I find it incredible that little guys with up-to-no-good attitudes are lasting that long and influencing others to follow their path. I mean all the corruption @ all levels of our societies. Money is an addiction, worst than heroin, worst than a nuclear bomb.

I watched season 3 in three sessions, two weeks ago now. To me it didn't have the same adrenaline rush as the first two seasons, mainly because there were parts that were dragging and boring. The acting too was not as enthusiastic. ...It was simply not convincing overall. That's me, and we're all different when it comes to almost everything movies, documentaries, music and cars. :b

I am looking forward to season 4, with the Mexican gangs, across the great border wall, underneath it, in the tunnels.

* Season 5 in North America?

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Nice synopsis Bob. Season one was my favorite. I found Season 2 merely the denouement for season 1.

Having said that I was intrigued by Season 3. Very enlightening that the Cali cartel donated a huge sum of money to the soon to be elected president of Columbia in return for turning a a blind eye to the cartel. It was this that gave Gilberto and Miguel the confidence that they would be released from prison. Instead the president in order to save face with the country extradited them to the USA.

What I find special about Barcis is that all seasons have been bilingual with subtitles. Normally I hate subtitles but I was drawn into every episode. I also noticed that Season 3 was released in 2015

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
... Very enlightening that the Cali cartel donated a huge sum of money to the soon to be elected president of Columbia in return for turning a a blind eye to the cartel. It was this that gave Gilberto and Miguel the confidence that they would be released from prison. Instead the president in order to save face with the country extradited them to the USA.

SPOILER ALERT

Yes, that was kind of a surprising turn of events. He, Gilberto, was expecting only few years in jail, but he got more than what he bargained for, even with all that money.

How long till Gilberto and his very sweet brother Miguel, along with their two great friends are released from jail...
Can money buy your freedom when you are a deranged criminal and emotionless killer... Look no further than the corrupted world of O.J. loser Simpson. *

One of my favorite scenes: New York's beauty salon parlor, the countdown, with "Chepe". Of course it was over exaggerated but bloody entertaining nonetheless. That guy is quite a character, fearless and ruthless, one of a kind. And he is portrayed as a humoristic/funny kind of a guy.

Another scene has "Pacho" dancing with his lover to the surprised eyes of everyone's around, and then the Harley bikes... This happened sometimes, but with SUVs, jeeps, and not bikes.

In this world who do you trust; your best friend, your best enemy...

We see violence in many films, now we see more Marvel and DC comic super heros from the comic books making piles of money @ the theaters. Narcos is the real world of drugs and corruption, of extreme violence without frontiers and human values. The only thing that counts is power and money and control. Human lives are expendable, very.

Netflix is too slow for me; season 4 should be here already. ...And 5 too.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I didn't read your spoiler laden posts since I am just starting on S3. I will say this however, I didn't get past 3 episodes of El Chapo. I thought the casting killed it at birth. I couldn't help but think OMG it's like watching Sophia Copolla in Godfather 3 but all of them are Sophias.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So far so good :D

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Narcos is good, but it really isn't that good.

If you want better, the answer is still on Netflix.

You need to watch the Columbian and Mexican equivalents, which, in my opinion, are much more enjoyable.

Try Pablo Escobar - after the first few episodes, which aren't that great TBH, it just gets excellent. And there's loads of it - 70+ episodes. Totally addictive.

As is El Chema, which is just as good. Again loads of it - 80+ episodes.

Also very good El Capo and Queen of the South (actually American I think ?)

And El Chapo is pretty good, too.

No disrespect to Narcos, whose location man was recently shot dead. But I really do think most if not all of the above are better than Narcos.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I didn't read your spoiler laden posts since I am just starting on S3. I will say this however, I didn't get past 3 episodes of El Chapo. I thought the casting killed it at birth. I couldn't help but think OMG it's like watching Sophia Copolla in Godfather 3 but all of them are Sophias.

I apologize. You are right, my bad.
It would be also nice to have a spoiler feature......We don't have that here; I've just tried to insert one manually but no go. When talking movies/documentaries it is an essential feature, IMO
We are passionate about music to the point of describing the smallest important details.
It is the same with flicks. The difference is that with flicks it creates what I just created now, unintentionally, sorry.
Would it be best to delete that portion?

* 'El Chapo' I abandoned it after only ten minutes, very mediocre.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Narcos is good, but it really isn't that good.

If you want better, the answer is still on Netflix.

You need to watch the Columbian and Mexican equivalents, which, in my opinion, are much more enjoyable.

Try Pablo Escobar - after the first few episodes, which aren't that great TBH, it just gets excellent. And there's loads of it - 70+ episodes. Totally addictive.

As is El Chema, which is just as good. Again loads of it - 80+ episodes.

Also very good El Capo and Queen of the South (actually American I think ?)

And El Chapo is pretty good, too.

No disrespect to Narcos, whose location man was recently shot dead. But I really do think most if not all of the above are better than Narcos.

Narcos is high on production values, with a bigger budget of course, a more polished affair overall, with professional actors, a fancy script, a great music soundtrack.

I did check some of the other ones, among the ones you just mentioned, but not in their entirety, mostly briefly. El Chapo is simply not my bag, same for El Capo.

I did some extensive reading from articles and wiki about the full gang, from South America, Central America and North America, from the drug lords to their closest associates...the police, the CIA, the government, the politicians, all the bad money corrupted apples, from the lowest to the highest levels of our society.

I agree with you that some of them documentaries (about few dozens on drugs trafficking alone) could be quite addictive...not excluding Narcos.

Just Pablo Escobar by himself must have close to a dozen docs on Netflix alone. Some are very boring too, that I cannot stand for long. I will check the first two you mentioned, first to see if they are available here in Canada, and if they are skip over the first few chapters.
Queen of the South did not rock my boat, so I gave up after a short while.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
* 'El Chapo' I abandoned it after only ten minutes, very mediocre.

Too soon. It is good. Don't even try with Pablo Escobar then! But if you can take Pablo's youth for the 1st few episodes, it is great.

A lot of the other narco related stuff on Netflix, including some other series and documentaries, are pretty awful I have found.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing