Narcos - Official Trailer 1 & 2 - Netflix [HD]

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels

The Medellin cartel - the most violent, ruthless and wealthy criminal organization in the history of modern crime. And the one man who lorded over them all... Pablo Escobar.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Thx for the head's up on that one. it looks terrific. My type of series esp with Banshee ending this year

Saw the first episode, very good, you will like it! I had to laugh when they showed the real Escobar during the opening credits, never knew Ron Jeremy had a Colombian twin brother :D

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yeah saw a few episodes last night, and it's pretty good!
My only quibble is that, at first, they mention specific years/dates, and in later episodes, they neglect to do that, so sometimes it seems like a lot of time has passed, and later on you realize that wasn't the case...
Still, the production is good! I'm interested in what our spanish speakers think of the accents, since the main guy (Wagner Moura) as well as some others are brazilians (and thus not native speakers).

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
I'm interested in what our spanish speakers think of the accents, since the main guy (Wagner Moura) as well as some others are brazilians (and thus not native speakers).

Read some user reviews and it seems that Wagner Moura can't pronounce Spanish properly, let alone the distinctive Colombian accent...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Read some user reviews and it seems that Wagner Moura can't pronounce Spanish properly, let alone the distinctive Colombian accent...

I like the show. We've watched the first four episodes

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We finished the 10 part first season last night and I have to say that I really enjoyed this series. I enjoy the way the series is shot in English but primarily in Spanish with English subtitles. What an absolute ruthless scumbag Pablo Escobar was. There was no sanctity or meaning of human life and how his wife and mother were so complicit. I had originally wondered if this will be a 10 and done series but at the end of last night's episode this series is just sprouting its wings and I look forward to next year's installments.

Highly recommended

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Pablo Escobar...what a character this guy was...as depicted everywhere where you read about him, and its close entourage.

My friend who has Netflix said that Narcos was excellent. I only watched few minutes with him one evening when I went to visit him...then he turned the TV off...we had to discuss matters of the families. Another time...but he said it was very very good. Me I like movies more than Series...so maybe they'll make a good one someday about Pablo Escobar...the Colombian hero and drug lord who was ruling an empire of corruption with a firm grip. Yep, what a character he was...and with all his followers...people attracted by the fast life that money provided...and still provides...cocaine. ...The drug of the highs...and yet Pablo preferred smoking pot. Pot makes you more relaxed, more cool, more peaceful I guess? ;-)

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Funny, that's one thought that came to me as I watched the series... What became of all these huge houses and villas that he literally abandonded, as he fled from one to the other?
I really thought the government had seized them all, and put them all up for auction or something...

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Fun read at that link: spent $2500 monthly buying rubber bands for his cash, rats ate about 1 Billion $ yearly of his money...

I think we'll watch this instead of Sense8 which is just a drag (no pun intended) :p

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Binged it 1.5 days.

I was recommended Cocaine Cowboys and Blow to watch too.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I haven't heard of that one but how did you like Narcos

It was absolutely awesome, and the reason we binged it! In fact, I was hooked from Episode 1, and the only reason we didn't do all 10 in one session was because we were tired.

Wagner Moura was fantastic.

I think the only way this could be made better is if the focus was on the Colombians and not the DEA agent right from the start.

Having the Colombian side dialogues in Spanish and filming on location provided a lot of authenticity (you'll still see some native Spanish speakers not liking the accent that Moura does, as he's Brazilian).

Great actors, great sound (watched in surround here), superb screenplay, not a wasted moment, although they have taken some leeway here and there relative to the actual events.

I would have liked that the Season Finale ended a little earlier in the last episode but we're still looking forward to the next season.

Yesterday afternoon, we chatted on the street with one of the fast food owners we know nearby, and he said he and his friend were just talking about the show before I mentioned it.

These are the early signs of this becoming a cult show.

They recommended the following (I notice I already mentioned these):

1. Blow
2. Cocaine Cowboys

I also found Cocaine Cowboys 2 and Cocaine Cowboys Reloaded on Netflix, as well as Narco Cultura.

It will also be interesting to watch Miami Vice again.

There appears to be a rather recent Escobar series from Latin American countries.

It was interesting to see how the geopolitical and social aspects intertwined with his growing empire.

I might want to watch our Blu-Ray of 'Carlos, The Jackal' soon.

Anything with the Latin American culture would be very interesting to follow up as films or documentaries to watch, like the Che with Del Toro. Speaking of documentaries, there's one with Pablo's son, and I am not sure if I saw it on Netflix.

I was wondering if there were any series dealing with what has been happening in Mexico.

There's Sicario and Colombiana which could be interesting.

I am thinking of watching movies in a kind of hyper-cycle, with the Mexicans, and then the Asian/Yakuzas to see more of the geopolitical and social aspects - it's like a shadow economy.

Another interesting movie would be Padilha's Elite Squad, also with Wagner Moura.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
If "Blow" is the Johnny Depp movie, it's definitely a good one. And hey, "Scarface" is all about Miami, coke, early 80s, etc.

Both "Elite Squad" movies are great, the first one slightly better, with more action.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
If "Blow" is the Johnny Depp movie, it's definitely a good one. And hey, "Scarface" is all about Miami, coke, early 80s, etc.

Yes, that's the one. Not sure it is specifically mentioned in Narcos, but the main character in Blow worked with Escobar, so it's a related story arc.

Good point about Scarface.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

Friday.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing