Canary Reference two or M 500. Anybody heard these amps?

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
Both use 300 B. This tube are known for wonderfull mids but not for good highs or bass.

Now my Question. The Canary Amps have the same problems?

Thanks for your help

Josef

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Both use 300 B. This tube are known for wonderfull mids but not for good highs or bass.

Now my Question. The Canary Amps have the same problems?

Thanks for your help

Josef

WE use a pair of CANARY AUDIO MONO MA500's with SOPHIA CARBON PRINCESS 300 B's output tubes. These amps are very nice. Used them to drive our QLS LINE SOURCE, (95DB), and the new STEALTH V7 (94 DB). We also used them briefly on a pair of DYNA AUDIO EVIDENCE PLATINUM "BLACK SWANS" (customer trade in, 89 db), and they did a great job on our speakers, but were a little pushed in trying to drive the DYNA AUDIO's . The bass is excellent, (surprisingly the amp has excellent bass control, and punch, with a some what "muscular" sound. Mids and highs are excellent. Also they are beautifully built and the big blue meters (somewhat reminiscent of MCINTOSH), look very cool at night.
CHEERS.........

Reactions: morricab

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
WE use a pair of CANARY AUDIO MONO MA500's with SOPHIA CARBON PRINCESS 300 B's output tubes. These amps are very nice. Used them to drive our QLS LINE SOURCE, (95DB), and the new STEALTH V7 (94 DB). We also used them briefly on a pair of DYNA AUDIO EVIDENCE PLATINUM "BLACK SWANS" (customer trade in, 89 db), and they did a great job on our speakers, but were a little pushed in trying to drive the DYNA AUDIO's . The bass is excellent, (surprisingly the amp has excellent bass control, and punch, with a some what "muscular" sound. Mids and highs are excellent. Also they are beautifully built and the big blue meters (somewhat reminiscent of MCINTOSH), look very cool at night.
CHEERS.........

Also forgot to mention that by changing out the driver tubes, and rectifiers you can dramatically improve the amp . We are using a combination of SOPHIA, and some NOS SYLVANIA .

CHEERS.........

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I am considering Canary Audio M600 mono amps and the C1600 or 1800 Pre amp. I know this is an old forum but I am wondering if anyone else has experience with Canary or the amps I am talking about.?

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I ended up buying the Canary Audio M600 300B and C1800 amps. I look forward to hearing them perform.

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
I ended up buying the Canary Audio M600 300B and C1800 amps. I look forward to hearing them perform.
Give it some time more than 50hours you will be shocked how musical the M600 with the C 1800 will be I bought this combo 2 months ago and have already put it on sale for their grand reference audiophile itch I guess but I have the 230V

KenKelso

Feb 24, 2013
I heard the Canary audio reference two 300B monoblock tube amps, Canary CA906 tube preamp with separate power supply. Canary Dac and Canary Transport for CDs on JM Lab Mezzo Utopia speakers.
I wanted to see if these Canary 300B tube amps could power the JM Lab Mezzo Utopias which need power.
They powered them really good and the system sounded amazing.

Attachments

• SpeakersJMLabmezzo.jpg
    SpeakersJMLabmezzo.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 20

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I heard the Canary audio reference two 300B monoblock tube amps, Canary CA906 tube preamp with separate power supply. Canary Dac and Canary Transport for CDs on JM Lab Mezzo Utopia speakers.
I wanted to see if these Canary 300B tube amps could power the JM Lab Mezzo Utopias which need power.
Beautiful system.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
JimFord here has a great deal of Canary Audio amplifier experience.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I have the Canary Grand Reference 300B mono ( 16 300B tubes) along with the Canary C1800 Pre-amp. These amplifiers power Viking Acoustic Grande Voix Dual Horn speakers with ease. The Amps are 120wpc so plenty of power and the music is outstanding. The source is Lampi Pacific and Lucas Audio LMDS. I have only unpeeled the top of the banana as far as the amps are concerned. There has been no need to peel anymore. Power is not an issue.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I just ordered 18 Western Electric 300B tubes for my Canary Grand Reference Mono amps and Lampi Pacific. I currently have Golden Lion. It will be interesting to hear the difference. I am hoping a lot given the cost...lol

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Very nice system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing