My VPI HR-X is finally home

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi to all,

After selling my Michell GyroDec w/c I had since the mid 80's I decided to get my dream turntable. Waited for it for quite sometime . I got it a week before my birthday. I prepared for its arrival by getting the Soundsmith Counterintuitive , a Lyra Kleos phono cartridge the higher output version because I plan to use it w/ my ARC SP10 MK 2 , & the VPI Phono Cable.

Here are some photo's ( I apologize for the quality because I only used the IPhone camera)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The last photo is w/ my TNT 6. I also posted this pictures in the member's system gallery.

tdh888

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations!

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Congratulations! She's a looker, that's for sure. What changes have you noticed over the TNT 6?

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Congratulations! She's a looker, that's for sure. What changes have you noticed over the TNT 6?

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the nice words. Please don't quote me on this the TNT 6 has the Kuzma 313 Stogi Ref VTA tonearm and the Benz Gullwing SLR cartridge. The difference is in the Bass the TNT 6 has the deeper/ powerful bass . The lower mid & mid has a thicker texture while the HR-X has a leaner/ tighter bass. The mids is neutral & the high frequency is much more extended compared to the TNT 6. Better detail retrieval w/ the HR-x. But one thing I noticed w/ the unipivot arm ( the 12.7) , is the unrestrained sound/ dynamics. This I heard also in my friend's system ( fellow HR-X user) .

Tdh888

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing