HiFiMan HE-1000 ?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Has anyone listened to these new HiFiMan HE-1000 headphones? Some say they are the new king of the hill of headphones when matched with a Viva Egoista 845 tube headphone amp, or for a lot less money you could try out a Violectric Audio HPA V281 , one of the best headphone amps money can buy too!

Could this be a short cut to....Audio Nirvana ?

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
I heard these all too briefly at AXPONA 2015, being the end of the day. I did not get to play my own music, however I thought they were the one of the best I had ever heard. By the way I am much more of planer speaker guy, but these were really way above the rest of the crowd of planer or conventional HP's. The thing I remember most is the extraordinary level of detail they presented. I would like to see them go head to head against Audeze's newest top of the line the LCD4.

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I've heard these - absolutely amazing.

For my taste the Abyss is slightly better (but then I did hear that paired with a Davinci DAC and some amazingly expensive Woo monoblocks so possibly not a fair comparison )

Crashem

Dec 21, 2015
No particular noise isolation. With them on, a lot of noise is muffled. On other hand, everyone in room can hear what you are listening to

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
We have these in the store, and this one's the best we've heard, including the Abyss. But we're far from headphone experts...
Some people actually preferred the Enigmacoustics Dharma D1000 hybrid electrostatics, but I thought the Hifiman was more refined, both in sound as well as appearance/finish.

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
The V1 version was very nice. I recently upgraded to the V2 and it's a big step up: more transparent, subjectively flatter, and more engaging. It took around 100 hours for them to burn in; they're a touch sibilant right out of the box. Well worth the money.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
The V1 version was very nice. I recently upgraded to the V2 and it's a big step up: more transparent, subjectively flatter, and more engaging. It took around 100 hours for them to burn in; they're a touch sibilant right out of the box. Well worth the money.

+1. There were good gains from both the new cable and also from the new pads

kantx

Apr 29, 2018
Elsinore
And which amp will drive them best ?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
I have he1k v2 and would say that they appreciate a more powerful amp. Depending on budget, think Violectric 281 / Pass HPA / Eleven audio / woo wa33 / Riviera as potential options.

kantx

Apr 29, 2018
Elsinore
I have he1k v2 and would say that they appreciate a more powerful amp. Depending on budget, think Violectric 281 / Pass HPA / Eleven audio / woo wa33 / Riviera as potential options.

Thank you. What about Ayon HA-3 or ALO Studio Six ?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Sorry but I don’t have any first hand experience or user fb on those. Forgot to mention the Viva Egoista on my list earlier, have heard both models and preferred the 845 for being more grunty.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I own the HE1000SE which are more transparent with some of the Susvara technology.
Really happy about them but i have to mention that this type of heaphone is more appropriate for classical music and Jazz.

Reactions: slai

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing