Thread: HiFiMan HE-1000 ?

Addicted to Best!
    Living On A MAGIC Roller Coaster Ride In My Room With My Tweaked Out Stereo System !...

Question HiFiMan HE-1000 ?

Has anyone listened to these new HiFiMan HE-1000 headphones? Some say they are the new king of the hill of headphones when matched with a Viva Egoista 845 tube headphone amp, or for a lot less money you could try out a Violectric Audio HPA V281 , one of the best headphone amps money can buy too!

Could this be a short cut to....Audio Nirvana ?

I heard these all too briefly at AXPONA 2015, being the end of the day. I did not get to play my own music, however I thought they were the one of the best I had ever heard. By the way I am much more of planer speaker guy, but these were really way above the rest of the crowd of planer or conventional HP's. The thing I remember most is the extraordinary level of detail they presented. I would like to see them go head to head against Audeze's newest top of the line the LCD4.

Addicted to Best! andrew_stenhouse's Avatar
    I know they are open, but did they offer any noise isolation?
    Best wishes,
    Andrew

Sculptor in avatar is Henry Spencer Moore OM CH FBA (30 July 1898 31 August 1986).

Addicted to Best!
    I've heard these - absolutely amazing.

For my taste the Abyss is slightly better (but then I did hear that paired with a Davinci DAC and some amazingly expensive Woo monoblocks so possibly not a fair comparison )

Being open backed, I doubt it. However I don't really remember, not enough time with them.

No particular noise isolation. With them on, a lot of noise is muffled. On other hand, everyone in room can hear what you are listening to

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    We have these in the store, and this one's the best we've heard, including the Abyss. But we're far from headphone experts...
    Some people actually preferred the Enigmacoustics Dharma D1000 hybrid electrostatics, but I thought the Hifiman was more refined, both in sound as well as appearance/finish.
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - San Diego, CA
    Air Tight - Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    The V1 version was very nice. I recently upgraded to the V2 and it's a big step up: more transparent, subjectively flatter, and more engaging. It took around 100 hours for them to burn in; they're a touch sibilant right out of the box. Well worth the money.
    Preamps: ADA Reference (multichannel); VTL 7.5 II (two channel)
    Digital: MSB Transport+ Platinum V DAC. Core Audio + MicroRendu streaming; Roon+HQP+FabFilter/Acourate; Trinnov (multichannel)
    Speakers: PRO Audio Technology 2115sm across fronts; 4x 18" PRO subs; 11.4 overall
    Room: Design by Dennis Erskine and Keith Yates. Extensive use of RPG custom bass traps
    Power: Richard Gray 20A UPS and isolation transformer. Triton/Typhon and Sound Application. Shunyata Sigma

Quote Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post
    The V1 version was very nice. I recently upgraded to the V2 and it's a big step up: more transparent, subjectively flatter, and more engaging. It took around 100 hours for them to burn in; they're a touch sibilant right out of the box. Well worth the money.
    +1. There were good gains from both the new cable and also from the new pads
    Owner www.sablonaudio.com, PF & 6M award winning custom audio cables

Dealer for SGM Music Server