Laurence Dickie presents The B1 Decade (video)

Here is a link to a short video interview with Laurence Dickie I shot in Munich; sorry for the shaky footage of the prototype. We are expecting the first production units late October. Too late for RMAF unfortunately, but should be able to show them at Dealer Events around the country.

https://vimeo.com/134977536

enjoy !

Phillip,

My G3's were shipped today from Audio Revelation and I cannot wait to insert them into my system.

Congrats Russ !

I am sure you will love them; let me know if you need any set-up help. Post a photo once you are happy with placement etc.

Thanks

Philip

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
will do. Any setup basics?

BTW, very close friends with Marty Wax and Steve and heard the G3's on a trip to Shunyata with both them in April. I do have a pair of JL F-113's and was curious about your recommendations for their relative positioning so that they do not provide a reflective surface for the G3 woofs since they will probably be inboard, but can be set back several feet if you think that there will not be any problems with phasing and time delay?

I will be using a Meitner DAC, BAT preamp with a Spectral amp, connected to each other and the G3's with MIT MA-X, plus full
Shunyata setup with Triton 2, Typhoon and all of the requisite Sigma PC's. I also have a vibraplane, Ariston RD 90 Super, SME IV and Spectral cart connected to the preamp with the latest Shunyata Anaconda phono cable.

Last edited:
Russ

I sent you a PM with my office phone number for set up tips

Ciao

Philip

will do. Any setup basics?

BTW, very close friends with Marty Wax and Steve and heard the G3's on a trip to Shunyata with both them in April. I do have a pair of JL F-113's and was curious about your recommendations for their relative positioning so that they do not provide a reflective surface for the G3 woofs since they will probably be inboard, but can be set back several feet if you think that there will not be any problems with phasing and time delay?

I will be using a Meitner DAC, BAT preamp with a Spectral amp, connected to each other and the G3's with MIT MA-X, plus full
Shunyata setup with Triton 2, Typhoon and all of the requisite Sigma PC's. I also have a vibraplane, Ariston RD 90 Super, SME IV and Spectral cart connected to the preamp with the latest Shunyata Anaconda phono cable.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Russ,

Any update on the G3's? happy to hear you were making the change.

We both have the same amp and i'm very fond of Vivid speakers. If I was looking for a new speaker it would be the G3's or G4's depending on the room.

Congrats on the new speakers!

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
The G3's arrive tomorrow afternoon. Philip O'Hanlon spent 90 minutes on the phone explaining the proper way to set these speakers up and how they are so highly engineered to interact with their environment that this is going to be a project, that I am actually enjoying. I will provide a running story about the experience.

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
I am still getting use to the Vivid G3's as they break in. They have been in my system now for 72 hours and have smoothed out considerably. Without out a doubt they are the best speakers I have ever owned and amongst the best I have heard. I just committed to a major speaker wire upgrade shifting from MIT HD60 to MIT Matrix 90 bi-wire banana's to solve some of the connection issues and because these speakers are so good and revealing that I am hopeful that they benefits they allow will that much more audible on the G3's. Also it does not hurt that Scott Warren will allow me to return them If I am not satisfied, despite the fact that they are being custom made for me.

caesar

May 30, 2010
The G3's arrive tomorrow afternoon. Philip O'Hanlon spent 90 minutes on the phone explaining the proper way to set these speakers up and how they are so highly engineered to interact with their environment that this is going to be a project, that I am actually enjoying. I will provide a running story about the experience.

Mobiusman,

Congratulations on your speakers! Looking forward to your write-up. Your writing, as well as the writing of Marty, puts you guys in the top 1% of anyone writing about high end audio, reviewers included.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing