Window 10 Update

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

prerich

May 21, 2012
Yes, Creators Update has to be version 1703, and Lars posted his latest OS build. You guys did it manually.
______

The latest: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Build 16193 | Redstone 3

Sometime in the Fall this year it will be an automatic download update, but it is available NOW, for manual download.

Thanks guys.
_____

Extra: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39905509
Creators build working well for me - and using USB Audio 2.0 for my AK4490SEQ based DAC with Burson opamp. Set it up perfectly - no drivers necessary.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thirty minutes ago, approximately, a big blue sign appeared on my screen;
for Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703)

It had three options:
1. Update now by restarting your PC
2. Set a date for when you're ready to update
3. Snooze

* I clicked on "Snooze" #3

Is it safe, recommended, good to update for that new Creators Update (1703)?

? https://www.ghacks.net/2017/08/02/windows-10-version-1703-kb4032188-cumulative-update/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Windows 10 Version 1703 KB4032188 Cumulative Update

Just installed the latest Windows 10 update - Creators.
A big one. Took over three hours but all went smoothly.
Certainly seems faster and claimed to be more secure.

Three hours; that took some serious time!

As I have I. Unfortunately it has seriously destabilized my WiFi connectivity. Latest update made it better still a far cry from where I started. I would wait a bit longer if you have not yet updated.

It has been few months since this was last posted (May 12, 2017); it must be better now, if Windows is displaying that sign I just had.

Commiserations Amir
Mine is working fine thank goodness.
I am sure that with your IT skills you'll solve it soon - uninstall and reload?

My skills are not that skillful. :b

10 Home
OS Build 15063.296

The OS build must be different now. The link I provided in my prior post has a different code (build 15053.502); which OS build you guys have...the latest?

* The one you showed Lars is newer, is there an even newer one?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm running 1703 now (Windows 10 Creators). ...For about a week; I feel much more creative. :b It went fine, it took roughly 2.5 hours.

I'm trying to live a perfect life; it is not only impossible in real life but it is also not possible in space (computer cyber space). AI will take over the human race, one day. ...For the better and for the worst...I believe. But we don't have a choice; it is the destiny of developed countries.

Where I believe most benefit will be gain is in SPEED. ...Even in the speed of understanding, comprehending, communicating, dealing with tough logistics, and in the speed of recovering. The faster everything the better life on Earth, I think.

P.S. Three times in a row, spreaded over the last couple weeks I delayed that update, waiting for the last moment, in no rush.
But this 4th time they insisted to get over with it. Lol
? Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608)

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for the heads up Bob.
Installed early this morning. Took about 3 hours but all went smoothly.
Confirm your experience that it is faster which does make life easier.
Hope you are well
Best wishes.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for the heads up Bob.
Installed early this morning. Took about 3 hours but all went smoothly.
Confirm your experience that it is faster which does make life easier.
Hope you are well
Best wishes.

Hi Barry,

I thought you have already updated to Creators back in May?
Post #114 - May 12: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?18206-Window-10-Update&p=450676&viewfull=1#post450676

_____

I've read this recently: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...o-focus-on-pc-search-market-ceo-idUSKCN1C235Y

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Windows 10 1803 update installed earlier this evening.
All went smoothly but Microsoft's claim that it could be installed in about 30 mins proved wide of the mark.
Took me almost 3 hours.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
So, this must be another serious update...3 hours!

Barry, if you notice something good updated, let us know.
And if you notice something bad updated, let it snow.

I know it's coming up next to a theater near me. Microsoft loves to remind me often.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I just installed 1803 on a laptop and was able to get it downloaded and installed in about 30 minutes. Direct wired ethernet connection.

Downloading it now for another device and its taking a little longer. This one is connected wireless rather than wired.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I just installed 1803 on a laptop and was able to get it downloaded and installed in about 30 minutes. Direct wired ethernet connection.

Downloading it now for another device and its taking a little longer. This one is connected wireless rather than wired.

That explains it.
I was using a wireless connection.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It is interesting indeed; wireless taking six times more time to update than when wired connected. Wire is faster than wireless...what else is new.

There are other factors @ play; internet speed, computer processing power.

Often when doing a serious update I do it using the wire way.
But also I forgot to plug that wire @ times, and I only remember half way through the updating process.

May is the big month for millions of Microsoft users; I will report my own experience in regards to the amount of time it takes to update, the wire way, and to any glitches I might encounter.

Now, with time there is also a question of space:
? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-reclaim-space-after-upgrading-windows-10-april-2018-update

Ten to twenty Gig might not seem to be large for many, but for others it's huge...the reason of that link above. Some people can make good use of it, including me.
_____

* Extra: https://gizmodo.com/heres-what-those-new-full-page-warnings-in-chrome-mean-1825681311

And speaking of Chrome, very early this morning, May 1st, Chrome interrupted all my websites with an add saying that I was selected to participate in million dollars lottery! I just had to click ok!
That Chrome add was unremoveable. I did a reset but the add kept coming back! I clicked on the return button and she was gone. No way I was to click on ok.

I don't know how WW III will start, and if the internet with all the news and hackers would have anything to do with it, but it sure is a tumultuous world @ times out there and in there.

Today is a lovely day, the sun is shining after few days of rain...everything is green and healthy. The flowers are colorful and the wildlife full of life; enjoy it to its fullest. It's good to be alive, to see the natural beauty of our planet's majestic garden.

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Bob and for the link.
It was useful. I do in fact use the Windows Disk Clean up facility quite regularly. Having said that I think I have picked up a ton of tracking cookies from it but I have the free Superantispyware which does a good job in getting rid of them.
I tend to use the wireless connection but will now use the Ethernet one more and certainly for Windows upgrades. My download speed is 34mbps so that is not the problem.
Your weather seems very similar to ours. We had a cold and very wet spell over the weekend and it rained all day Monday. Our later Spring has been the wettest I can remember but it has done the gardens a power of good. Today was a lovely sunny day at 15C so I was able to do some useful tidying up in the garden and hopefully tomorrow. I have got a couple of Knifobias (Red Hot Poker) to plant. Been meaning to get some for a while and the garden stall in the local market had some for sale the other day.
Your comments about the Internet are well said and more relevant than you would have imagined. An English bank that was part of the very big Lloyds Bank was bought some time ago by the Spanish Bank Sabadell. Until a few days ago they continued to use the Lloyds platform but last week switched to their own new platform and it has been a major disaster for their online customers, Has been down now for a week or so and is costing them a small fortune. Apparently tried to do the job on the cheap with predictable results. As they say, if you are going to do a job do it properly!
But that and your own comments underline how reliant we have become on internet applications. A bit frightening really.
On that cheerful note I'll say farewell for now and take care.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I too clean useless files occasionally, and particularly after a major update.
And yes, the wired connection is best for updates of that type. My speed is 25 right now, but I'm contemplating the 1,000, maybe. ...Or 150, I'll see how much money I got left in the bank. :b

I'm outside right now typing this and it's 20 Celsius. My grass is super green, I'm just about to cut it.
Yesterday I did some prooning...a big apple tree, almost finished.
My heart cannot keep up any longer, that's the price I have to pay from all those years of very extensive physical work. It's a very long story, for a future book...

Everyday is a new day, outside and also on the internet. Our computers are not immortal, they are vulnerable. It's our job to be aware and ready. We can live with some handicaps, no sweat. Nothing will ever be perfect, it's impossible. All we do is our best.

Life's good.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Bob.
Sounds good.
Yes as we get older the secret is to do things in stages rather than trying to do it all in one go.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing