Is Tom Cruise an audiophile

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
You and Tom must be friends since you seem to feel its all about the cost and not the music.

Speaking of music. Where is the participation in the Music threads? There have been 3 threads with the odd response this week, which equates to basically no interest. It's all about science and endless debates about live vs reproduced.....gag me with a spoon. Enough already.

It's interesting that this thread is more popular than all of the music threads combined. Gotta wonder if it really isn't about the gear. But what the hell do I know.

taters

Jun 6, 2012
Speaking of music. Where is the participation in the Music threads? There have been 3 threads with the odd response this week, which equates to basically no interest. It's all about science and endless debates about live vs reproduced.....gag me with a spoon. Enough already.

It's interesting that this thread is more popular than all of the music threads combined. Gotta wonder if it really isn't about the gear. But what the hell do I know.

I would agree with you that this site is more about the gear. There is another site out there that is more about the music. I am not saying one is better than the other. It just depends what you are into.

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy

+1

To some it is not even about the gear, it is simply an ego trip. It allows one to feel better pretending that his motives behind the hobby are more “noble” then others… That seems to work well for some, especially when it comes to the rationales people make when they can’t afford expensive gear (Sorry CPP, but you insisted).

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Don't get me wrong. I like this place and have always had mostly wonderful interactions with people, and personal dealings as well. And I also understand that sometimes things come in cycles, but I really believe there is a considerable shift away from where things were. Maybe it has to do with a bunch of people no longer being here for one reason or another. There is just different vibe now.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's a place to talk about everything that is best.

* No reply yet from Tom...he must be real busy...or he has bodyguards taking care of his Facebook page. ...Because I've seen deleted messages from beautiful looking girls.
You bet that they are investigating all messages...millions of them by the way...Tom is extremely popular...no wonder. ...I've yet to see MI:5 - which he is highly promoting right now...with good cause.

? MUSIC - It's all truly about the BEST Music @ the end...no matter all we say and do and have @ home for audio gear and all that jazz.
But all that jazz is part of the best...all the best audio gear is in the pursuit of music listening excellence...from the best music recordings.
But it's much more...the best is an ensemble of audio experts with good tips on how to improve the music listening experience.

I take all the good stuff I learned from WBF, and the lesser stuff I let others deal with it the way they like.
I judge no one and don't expect anything...I read the excellent comments from all people of all venues. ...It's up to me to participate the way I like or not, nobody can do that for me.

Anyway, all in all WBF is a force to be reckon with...because @ anytime the group of diversified and very intelligent members can switch to any audiophile subject and analyse it from all angles, ...even the music itself from all the various masters and copies and from analog and from digital.

We are only as true explorers as we are willing to. Nobody knows all the gear out there, even the most hardcore gearslutz from both ends of the music recording process.
And then there are the artists...the artist musicians and singers we truly connect with in our soul.

Tom Cruise I'm sure can connect to a lot of great music...and no matter the gear he uses or not and how it is set up and fine tuned and tweaked to the last drop of acoustical redemption he is still an audiophile most likely...if not more than many of us.

Yes the music, without it people wouldn't try to replicate it by building audio gear and designing and fabricating loudspeakers and cables and all that jazz.
First there was the music way before the gear. ...The gear came much later on as a temptation, a tentative to replicate what people experienced live.
But live music is often worst sounding than the reproduced music from our own gear @ home, ha!

So, yes the music...but the gear and the setup and the room's acoustic...all part of it.

Tom Cruise, he is a top actor, he is what all women want in a guy. And when it comes down to music all women are very receptive...you can seduce them with the right kind of music...you can teach them...you can collaborate with them...you can live with them and without them all your life. ...The music does that to all of us, no matter which gear as long as the music touches our soul in an equal complicity level. ...Tom Cruise he certainly don't use instrumentation to calculate that reciprocity/synchronicity level between him and his girlfriend(s)...he uses his internal chords...the human touch/intuition and overall zone of comfort.

Tom Cruise I am certain is an audiophile. ...What music he loves most is his own thing, and what gear he uses today, before yesterday and tomorrow is also his own thing.

Voila! :b

<<<>>> The winds they are always shifting, and with them we shift too. ...In audio as in music as in movies as in real life it's the same.

+1

To some it is not even about the gear, it is simply an ego trip. It allows one to feel better pretending that his motives behind the hobby are more “noble” then others… That seems to work well for some, especially when it comes to the rationales people make when they can’t afford expensive gear (Sorry CPP, but you insisted).

Sorry cannata but I can afford expensive gear. I just chose to enjoy the music not the gear.

Cruise can enjoy whatever he wants, and there is nobody on this forum that that actually knows what he likes or dislikes or owns. Its all speculation and assumptions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing