First new earth discovered

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I always wondered why we would think an advanced civilization would use electromagnetic waves....but that's primarily what we have apparatus to listen to...

They do use electromagnetc waves, but they use subspace radio communication. ;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
"and have electric cars and electric factories all around.." and how do you propose we generate the electricity? Nuclear?...ha, a snowball in hell has better chances

From the Earth's own gravitational rotation. ...On axis.

There are many more methods...ocean wave generators positioned strategically along all the most turbulent world's coasts.
...New cells that can produce more current and last much longer, and regenerated from wind turbines installed in tornado alleys.
...More solar energy with larger panels installed everywhere where the sun is constantly shining...the most sunny days without clouds.
...Mirrors installed @ the surface of the oceans to capture the sun's energy from the ocean's reflections.
...From water condensation and clouds creation, then big cloud blowers to send them where they need rain water.
...From icebergs melting and refrigeration. ...Under water currents. ...Compos. ...Scrap metals, computers, glass, plastics, recycling garbage, rice, corn, salt , sodium, sulphur, hot springs, french fries, big macs, ...magnets, dynamos, human bodies heat, bicycling with efficient power cells to capture energy.

Someone is going to use one of my ideas and develop it further to make tons of cash. ...Just need few good investors and a solid plan.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
From the Earth's own gravitational rotation. ...On axis.

There are many more methods...ocean wave generators positioned strategically along all the most turbulent world's coasts.
...New cells that can produce more current and last much longer, and regenerated from wind turbines installed in tornado alleys.
...More solar energy with larger panels installed everywhere where the sun is constantly shining...the most sunny days without clouds.
...Mirrors installed @ the surface of the oceans to capture the sun's energy from the ocean's reflections.
...From water condensation and clouds creation, then big cloud blowers to send them where they need rain water.
...From icebergs melting and refrigeration. ...Under water currents. ...Compos. ...Scrap metals, computers, glass, plastics, recycling garbage, rice, corn, salt , sodium, sulphur, hot springs, french fries, big macs, ...magnets, dynamos, human bodies heat, bicycling with efficient power cells to capture energy.

Someone is going to use one of my ideas and develop it further to make tons of cash. ...Just need few good investors and a solid plan.

..all well and good but in the meantime if the govt decides to sh** can fossil fuel the world will be significantly darker

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I always wondered why we would think an advanced civilization would use electromagnetic waves....but that's primarily what we have apparatus to listen to...
Likely for the same reason we use it: it is fast (speed of light), travels through space and easy to create.

Of course they have moved on to quantum particle dualities and such.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Great movie. The other civilization beamed back TV showing Hitler opening the 1936 Olympics. So it is possible for 'contact' to be made relatively close to us with electromagnetic communication.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That reminds me of the film 'Contact' ... starring Jodie Foster.
One of my top favorite movies. I can watch it over and over again and not get tired of it. Of note to this discussion, they had a very clever way of solving the puzzle of what to do with transmission from millions of lights years away.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
One of my top movies as well. I am particularly fond of the question Jodi Foster's character wants to ask the advanced species: "How did you survive the acquisition of technology?" A question of particular relevance to us, as we genetically modify food to withstand growing it with poison, as we create new compounds which find their way into the biosphere before understanding the results, medicines with side deadly side effects, and letting nations ruled by fanatics acquire 'the bomb'. Or letting our children spend all day with their video games becomming completely estranged from the natural world.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing