Love Windows but hate Nokia

abdraffay

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,
I like using different platforms and exploring what each has to offer. I have used Android and Apple so I thought it is time to test windows. Went out and bought the Nokia flagship Lumia 930, the build is good, looks cool as well especially in its funky colors. The thing I love about it the most is the tile technology, its awesome... hence decided to stick with windows for sometime now. But there are some major problems with the phone, to list a few:

1. proximity sensor does not work, so calling is a nightmare
2. mic does not work so talking on speaker is not an option...bye bye to skype video calling
3. very low voice recording so the 20 mp camera is of no use for video rec

All these problems were there when I bought the phone, if you are thinking why I did not return it...well it is not an option where I live the best they can do is take it away for 5 weeks for repair which I don't want.

Why I am writing all this is because I want suggestions for a good windows phone...I don't like htc so any other ideas???

Cheers,
abdraffay.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Tough rules where you live.

Windows androids are mainly Nokia and HTC. /// Many many models. But you already bought a good one (well...), and without a grace period for returning it I just don't know what to tell you. And under your warranty, they should a) fix it or b) what they do here in most cases; simply replace it by a working one...much less trouble that way.

Tough for us people from the Americas to suggest to people like you from a faraway country with different rules on cell phones, what to do. ...Understandably so.

Very best of luck...the place where you purchased it should accommodate you...that's the way it normally works.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I prefer Windows Phone to Android. Apple is still (far) ahead of both, though...

Anyway, I always found Nokia's to have the best build quality, but it seems that's not the case anymore... In that case, it'd be best to save money and just get something cheap and disposable anyway. That's what I did, so I have this as a 2nd phone (I need two phone lines/#s)

http://www.amazon.com/BLU-Advance-U...UTF8&qid=1437414997&sr=1-1&keywords=BLU+phone

Pretty cheap, and their flagship is like $180.

BadBold

Nov 8, 2016
I love nokia phone but hate Windows os actually. I used to be Nokia fan for years but after Microsoft bought Nokia brand, they installed Windows phone os and make nokia phone sluggish and faulty.... aww......i decided to move to Android phone. any brand but Nokia an Windows. Terrible actually.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing