Vermeer Audio upgrade for Audio Aero

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Anyone curious to know what the upgrade to DSD for the Audio Aero La Fontaine or La a Source is , with I believe a couple of other improvements to power supply, may be in for a shock.

This just received from UK distributor.

The cost of the upgrade is about £6000 plus shipping, and it would need to
go back to France.

The Vermeer Audio 2 cost is about £19,500 with a £3,000
cost for network by LAN, so significantly more than the La Fontaine, as they
are not doing a CD transport option.

The RS232 socket will no longer be used.

I wonder how many will take them up on this?

Blue58

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I contacted Bruno Ginard from Vermeer Audio a few month ago but the cost of the upgrade seems crazy for me . Does the UK distributor offer an upgraded unit for audition before making decision ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Anyone curious to know what the upgrade to DSD for the Audio Aero La Fontaine or La a Source is , with I believe a couple of other improvements to power supply, may be in for a shock.

This just received from UK distributor.

The cost of the upgrade is about £6000 plus shipping, and it would need to
go back to France.

The Vermeer Audio 2 cost is about £19,500 with a £3,000
cost for network by LAN, so significantly more than the La Fontaine, as they
are not doing a CD transport option.

The RS232 socket will no longer be used.

I wonder how many will take them up on this?

Blue58

I count 1

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
I contacted Bruno Ginard from Vermeer Audio a few month ago but the cost of the upgrade seems crazy for me . Does the UK distributor offer an upgraded unit for audition before making decision ?

Never asked about audition just because the cost was SO ridiculously high I wouldn't even consider it.
A few grand more and you can buy a Lampi Golden Gate which makes more sense.

OK , so i'm dismissing it before hearing it. I'd just rather not sink £6K into an 'old' player.

Blue58

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Agreed but before I will get my GG I would like to hear this french DAC though. If model Two sells for 19,5 k then maybe discounted upgrade of La Fontaine with drive for let say 5k worth to be considered ?

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Agreed but before I will get my GG I would like to hear this french DAC though. If model Two sells for 19,5 k then maybe discounted upgrade of La Fontaine with drive for let say 5k worth to be considered ?

I can see your point re. Lesser financial outlay to achieve all in one player, however, after many years of being a devoted Audio Aero follower I am reluctant to give them, albeit a new company, any more of my money.
Did I tell you my La Fontaine still does not function correctly, never did from day one plus the Prestige had faulty draw that cost ME.

Bonzo, 1? That's generous.

whhw1967w

Mar 14, 2017
Hi all,
it's quite an old thread but I as own a La Fontaine I wanted to get in touch with Vermeer in order to understand the upgrade possibilities.
I wrote to the info email listed in their web site but after a week there was no reply.
Anyone knows if they are still on business?
Anyone has a phone number to call?

Final question: I have been looking for the RS232 protocol to control LaFontain. Anyone has it?

thanks

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Hi all,
it's quite an old thread but I as own a La Fontaine I wanted to get in touch with Vermeer in order to understand the upgrade possibilities.
I wrote to the info email listed in their web site but after a week there was no reply.
Anyone knows if they are still on business?
Anyone has a phone number to call?

Final question: I have been looking for the RS232 protocol to control LaFontain. Anyone has it?

thanks

Did you try this email ?

bruno@vermeeraudio.com

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing