Global Warming

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I don't want to get political but I want to get my theory out there. Sitting here in Philly on a hot July day it came to me that the root cause of global warming is audiophiles who listen with tube amps.

What do you guys think?

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I was a little P.O. last winter since it was the hottest on record for this area. Winter is when I can enjoy the system, and heat the house, but I had to use the A/C a few times instead.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Here I thought it was all the humans doing all that damn exercising stuff, huffing and puffing all those extra CO2 laden breaths. They could be listening to their systems instead, until the urge to exercise goes away. [insert tongue-in-cheek emoticon]

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's local warming, not global warming. Global warming will come if we all got together and had beans and chillies.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Nothing political about global warming, it has just been politicized by those who don't want to pay for treatment. And yes, it's tube amps.

Tim

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Here I thought it was all the humans doing all that damn exercising stuff, huffing and puffing all those extra CO2 laden breaths. They could be listening to their systems instead, until the urge to exercise goes away. [insert tongue-in-cheek emoticon]

Then there's another activity that we'll need to avoid...at least for those of us can still participate... :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
That's local warming, not global warming. Global warming will come if we all got together and had beans and chillies.

This is science; nobody is sure of what it is...local or global, and how to explain it. Man-made global warming is contributing to a lot of climate changes all across the planet and in the atmosphere and under water. If you google "Global Warming and the Blob" you'll see a less than certain science on what scientists think and try to analyse.
The tubes glowing and warming up in Philadelphia (local state of the USA) has an impact on overall man-made global warming (Earth).

_______

? www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-global-warming-hiatus-20150710-story.html

_______

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
It is a conspiracy!
The real trend is that global warming is linked to fast food and restaurant food that disagrees with us and here is why.
Such food makes us go to the toilet more often and so use more paper meaning more trees cut down, also these food and those that disagree with us cause CO2 due to flatulence, add a growing population loving fast food (or foods they are not used to) all over the world and it means more trees cut down for toilet paper, and worryingly more flatulence.
The real disaster is that we are going to run out of toilet paper before global warming armageddon!!!!
Conspiracy as I said :)
Notice how global warming spiked when McDonalds and other fast food businesses opened aggressively and became entrenched in Russia, and then in Asia :)

Cheers
Orb

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Did you see the latest... The sun is going into a quiet period between 2030-2040, which will yield a Maudin Minimum, and cause global temps to drop and freeze over the river Themes. What to do? Will we all burn or freeze? I know, lets get a bunch of beaurocrats and politicians to fix it, that always works.

And for those who so love the environment, aren't humans part of the environment? Didn't nature do the evolution thing to bring us about. So if we kill ourselves off, and a bunch of species, won't nature just cook up some new ones?

Not meant to be flame bait, just having some fun!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It is a conspiracy!
The real trend is that global warming is linked to fast food and restaurant food that disagrees with us and here is why.
Such food makes us go to the toilet more often and so use more paper meaning more trees cut down, also these food and those that disagree with us cause CO2 due to flatulence, add a growing population loving fast food (or foods they are not used to) all over the world and it means more trees cut down for toilet paper, and worryingly more flatulence.
The real disaster is that we are going to run out of toilet paper before global warming armageddon!!!!
So what you saying? That if we want to do our part to help reduce global warming, we should not use toilet paper? What if we get hit by a truck right after and they look at our dirty underwear and discover that? What then?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
So what you saying? That if we want to do our part to help reduce global warming, we should not use toilet paper? What if we get hit by a truck right after and they look at our dirty underwear and discover that? What then?
If a truck hits me the last thing I'd be concerned about is trackmarks in my shorts!

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
If a truck hits me the last thing I'd be concerned about is trackmarks in my shorts!

I submit that the trackmarks caused an itch that caused a distration that caused a careless move that put the itcher in the path of an unstoppable truck which in turn caused the injury that opened the possibilities for an emergency crew to see trackmarks in the itcher's underpants that could have been avoided except that he was convinced that global warming could be prevented by his abstaining from the use of toilet paper.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010

They do say it is a dirty job to reduce global warming :)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
One will be provided with a Johnny, now your undie free. See how easy that is.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Ah I think we have a solution, NASA astronaut 'nappies'.
NASA could do with the cash as well lol.
Cheers
Orb

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
It is a conspiracy!

Actually, Global Warming is a conspiracy started by David Rockefeller (also father of the tri-lateralist commission) some 40 years ago while vacationing at his home in Rome.

Google "club of Rome" or "Agenda 21"

And only after the Climate Research Unit's emails were hacked in I think 2010 by some Russians exposing several thousand emails that showed CRU actually replacing weather data showing a cooling trend with warming trend data, did they cease forever using the term "Global Warming". They now only use the term "Climate Change".

Google "climategate"

But I'll leave it to others' vast research capabilities to determine to why Rockefeller created this conspiracy and why so many globalists went along with it.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Well one thing that gets me with the political scientific agenda on global warming is they talk about reducing carbon emissions by x%, but this is academic when the forests around the world are declining even faster than the reduction in emissions.
But no, those ranting against the west and manufacturing never want to look at how the world has been deforested at an alarming rate since the 1700s, nor has there been an investigation to work out the balance point between emissions and forest footprint required, mainly because everyone would then need to put pressure on the regions left with these resources and they are usually 3rd world or up and coming countries.
I linked in the past a study showing just how bad deforestation has been since 1700s, it is shocking to see how much Europe and North America has changed, and that trend is happening where we have the last bastions of massively large scale forests.
One also has to wonder what effect these massive regional losses has globally on weather patterns (we see pattern changes caused by El and La Ninos).
Cheers
Orb

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Actually, Global Warming is a conspiracy started by David Rockefeller (also father of the tri-lateralist commission) some 40 years ago while vacationing at his home in Rome.

Google "club of Rome" or "Agenda 21"

And only after the Climate Research Unit's emails were hacked in I think 2010 by some Russians exposing several thousand emails that showed CRU actually replacing weather data showing a cooling trend with warming trend data, did they cease forever using the term "Global Warming". They now only use the term "Climate Change".

Google "climategate"

But I'll leave it to others' vast research capabilities to determine to why Rockefeller created this conspiracy and why so many globalists went along with it.

Ah yes, I read it on the internet so it must be true.

I know you aren't being serious Stehno, no one seriously believes that conspiracy theory pseudoscience crap from the World Wide Web of the ridiculous! Could also try reading up on some proper science. Try the World Meteorological Organization, the United Nations International Panel on Climate Change... even NASA do proper science on climate change, you should check out the NASA predictions on Antarctic Ice sheet melt. Or you can just google 'Climategate' and do pretend science and blame the whole thing on David Rockerfeller lol. Right up their with alien abduction and anal probing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing