Resolution Audio Cantata

habbit

Mar 31, 2015
Brazil
Hello Guys,

Its my first thread... I did some researches at the WBF and I found nothing about this DAC (Cantata Music Center 2.0).

I own one, and I really like it. I use it with a computer, that I built by myself, and I connect them by a traditional USB cable (A to B).

I'd like to know if someone have experiences using Pont Neuf connection with Ethernet cable, or in another way, excluding the computer, connecting the Cantata directly to a disk station (NAS) through a router.

If someone is using this kind of connection, I'm looking forward to reading your findings...

Thanks in advance...;)

Rui

Last edited:

David

Aug 11, 2012
Hello Guys,

Its my first thread... I did some researches at the WBF and I found nothing about this DAC (Cantata Music Center 2.0).

I own one, and I really like it. I use it with a computer, that I built by myself, and I connect them by a traditional USB cable (A to B).

I'd like to know if someone have experiences using Pont Neuf connection with Ethernet cable, or in another way, excluding the computer, connecting the Cantata directly to a disk station (NAS) through a router.

If someone is using this kind of connection, I'm looking forward to reading your findings...

Thanks...;)

Hi

I am also interested to have some feedbacks on this Cantata connected to a NAS ...

BR - Davis

David

Aug 11, 2012
Dear habbit

you have compared this Cantata with other DAC & Streamers maybe ?
interested to know ;

this all in one solution seems very nice ; but how does it performs vs good DAC or separated solutions DAC + Server / Streamer ?

BR
david

habbit

Mar 31, 2015
Brazil
Hi David,

I didn't have a NAS yet. But I bought one yesterday... Let's figure out how Cantata works with a NAS!

As soon as the NAS arrive, I'll start the tests... And I'll report.

Two days ago, I started some comparisons using USB and Ethernet inputs. Cantata has a kind of adaptor called "Pont Neuf". In one side is USB in another is RJ45... When I use the USB input, I use the Audioquest Diamond cable and, when I use the Ethernet input, I use the Chord C-Stream cable (CAT-7).

At the Resolution Audio website, there is some information about Cantata's Ethernet Input (using Pont Neuf), saying that sounds better than a common USB input. I tought: Let's see... And I saw!! :D

Taking into account my whole system, my room, my ears, it's true... Definitively sounds better! It's a bit more organic, there are more layers, is deeper, smoother. I really liked!!

Now, let's try the NAS, taking off the computer...

I compared Cantata with Electrocompaniet ECDII and Audio GD Master 7... IMO, Cantata is superior by far... But both are "common" DACs... I've never compared Cantata with another LAN DAC... ;)

Best Regards,

Rui

David

Aug 11, 2012
Hi David,

I didn't have a NAS yet. But I bought one yesterday... Let's figure out how Cantata works with a NAS!

As soon as the NAS arrive, I'll start the tests... And I'll report.

Two days ago, I started some comparisons using USB and Ethernet inputs. Cantata has a kind of adaptor called "Pont Neuf". In one side is USB in another is RJ45... When I use the USB input, I use the Audioquest Diamond cable and, when I use the Ethernet input, I use the Chord C-Stream cable (CAT-7).

At the Resolution Audio website, there is some information about Cantata's Ethernet Input (using Pont Neuf), saying that sounds better than a common USB input. I tought: Let's see... And I saw!! :D

Taking into account my whole system, my room, my ears, it's true... Definitively sounds better! It's a bit more organic, there are more layers, is deeper, smoother. I really liked!!

Now, let's try the NAS, taking off the computer...

I compared Cantata with Electrocompaniet ECDII and Audio GD Master 7... IMO, Cantata is superior by far... But both are "common" DACs... I've never compared Cantata with another LAN DAC... ;)

Best Regards,

Rui

thanks for these informations Rui ; interesting !
keep us informed about your tests with NAS ;
best regards

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing