Cleaning vinyl, yall got it wrong

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Peep this! :eek:

WARNING: THIS IS STUPID SILLY HUMOR, IF YOU CANT LIGHTEN UP FOR A FEW MINUTES DONT WATCH THIS, I CANT "GIVE YOU" THE TIME BACK!

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I personally favor using meat tenderizer and radiator fluid/antifreeze. The combination works a lot better than the junk he is using as modern antifreeze has lubricating molecules in it that improves cartridge tracking (speeds up transients/improves detail resolution).

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I remove water from my records with WD40 as it displaces the water off the surface and lubricates the grooves for extreme friction reduction and lower noise floor.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
There I fixed it so as to not rob anybody of their valuable time.
Explicit warning added to OP.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I also wasted my time while laughing. ...So maybe it's not such a bad thing after all...it puts life's perspective in check with reality.

I'm also listening to the radio...it helps...classical chamber music...piano, cello, violin, viola. ...Voila.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Perspective is an understatement.

I am wondering if someone thought there was some new cleaning method that had not been tried a thousand times already and felt duped.

It simply made me laugh when I saw it and put into perspective how obsessed we get with cleaning records (myself included)! :p

If you cant laugh at yourself...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing