Looking for thoughtful recording company - no HD

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
P - Bring it on! I can demonstrate how insulation bleeds random energy into the signal sounding like white noise. I can place any preamp you care to champion with the one I have, and watch the dynamics and stage collapse. Give me your best oversampling CD player and see how poorly it reacts. This is not my fault. It is my findings of what works and doesn't work with my ICE amps.

I don't use CD players or speaker cables, so I won't be of much use in the competition. But while I do believe in the pervasive power of expectation bias, I don't believe in magic. I'm sorry Muralman, but what I believe is that if your system responds as dramatically as you say it does to the kinds of changes you describe, there is something systematically wrong.

YMMV and all of that.

P

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
I don't use CD players or speaker cables, so I won't be of much use in the competition. But while I do believe in the pervasive power of expectation bias, I don't believe in magic. I'm sorry Muralman, but what I believe is that if your system responds as dramatically as you say it does to the kinds of changes you describe, there is something systematically wrong.

YMMV and all of that.
P

If there is something systematically going on wrong, may the madness continue! :D

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
Phelonious - I have NOVA on in the background covering the rebuilding of the Parthenon. I love that building for the great effort forming stone into living proportions so to bring effortless ease to the onlooker. Just thought I would throw that out. Well, gotta go, there is a chess problem needing my attention.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I respectfully disagree. Without extended listening sessions in a system that you are familiar with and with both units available for side-by-side comparison, one can not make a blanket statement like this.

When I get the BADA, could I borrow your Playback for a couple of days? I need to hear it on a system I'm familiar with.

Since you think that the Weiss better than the BADA (and I own the Weiss), it will be interesting to do a direct comparison between the three on my system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing