Analogy Records - More tape availability!

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
It's great that choices for music on tapes are increasing for us.

Recording their own music makes it easier and faster to produce the tapes with legal and licensing issues are already under their own control similar to what Ed's doing in Toronto.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
It's great that choices for music on tapes are increasing for us.

Recording their own music makes it easier and faster to produce the tapes with legal and licensing issues are already under their own control similar to what Ed's doing in Toronto

I think Mike composed a succinct abstract regarding tape labels with new artists as being the origin of program material. This would appear true. I would, however, love to have the music from the sixties and seventies available on tape :p

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area

I think Mike composed a succinct abstract regarding tape labels with new artists as being the origin of program material. This would appear true. I would, however, love to have the music from the sixties and seventies available on tape :p

I agree Sam. Instead of playing some esoteric music that sounds good but I can't really relate to... I would much rather find old Dobie Gray's Drift Away on tape as an example. I find most joy when I can reproduce my music of youth on tapes.

On the other hand, having to obtain the desirable artists, material and proper licensing had been their major causes of issues and delays for Paul and Doc B for their Tape Project effort. Bless their hearts for starting it all!

I think it will take someone with right pull and momentum in the industry... such as Chad Kassem to make it happen. However, there's no mass market appeal for Chad to dive into tapes IMO.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I agree Sam. Instead of playing some esoteric music that sounds good but I can't really relate to... I would much rather find old Dobie Gray's Drift Away on tape as an example. I find most joy when I can reproduce my music of youth on tapes.

On the other hand, having to obtain the desirable artists, material and proper licensing had been their major causes of issues and delays for Paul and Doc B for their Tape Project effort. Bless their hearts for starting it all!

I think it will take someone with right pull and momentum in the industry... such as Chad Kassem to make it happen. However, there's no mass market appeal for Chad to dive into tapes IMO.

Indeed, Ki.

I'm grateful of the possibilities inherent with original, analog, flat, stereo mixdown master to DSD128/256 straight transfer.
I believe this is the closest I'll ever get to AAA tape program material and motivates my interest with digital.

So, Chad...should you be available...AAA straight transfers to tape (CCIR), please. If not, AAA --> AAD (transfer to DSD). Please note, I am not suggesting recording, but transfer of program material.

I don't subscribe to quixotic quests :rolleyes: :cool:

Feb 16, 2015
Norway
Received the Elias Nardi Group the other day. The music is a kind of middle east meet European jazz/folk/etno. See link for info. I do like this kind of music and the perfomance here are very good.

The sound is fantastic! It is so clear and open, superb realism and a huge soundstage, the music is filling my room. Close your eyes and you touch those strings on that oud.....

The cover and the packing is great! Included there is info about the group, a personal letter and a hand written certificate with the owners name on and all info you want and need regarding the tape and mixdown. a.o.

The service is reference; you send the order, you then receive info when the mixdown from the final mix is to be done. This is not a copy from a master, this is a master. My tape was produced 0930 and shipped the same day :b.

I have no problem giving them my highest recommendation. It seems to me that the italians (also Open Reels are from there as you know...) know how to please us these days....

http://www.analogyrecords.org/products/premium/elias-nardi-group-flowers-of-fragility/

ar.jpg

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
my two masters ordered y-day evening will be mixed down sept 6th@8:30 and 10:00 am :D
Elias Nardi and Max De Aloe
very exciting
best
Leif

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
got my two tapes by Fedex today
superb packing and info material exactly as describes by my friend jim.i.hendriksen
this is the kind of product that makes you happy just to look at....
and the exclusive licence gives that extra luxury touch
2015-09-14 20.13.13.jpg
sitting and listening to Max De Aloe: Borderline
superb recording with weight and extension
fabulous harmonics.....very cool laidback jazz with chromatic harmonica, piano, bass and drums
this recording is up there among the top 5 for sound and 10 for musical presentation!
very highly recommended!
run and order.....you most certainly won´t regret it
best
Leif

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I find most joy when I can reproduce my music of youth on tapes.

"We like best the music we were listening to when we first started having sex." Chris Rock

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I noticed 3 options for tape, SM900, SM468 , LPR 35. What is the difference ?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I noticed 3 options for tape, SM900, SM468 , LPR 35. What is the difference ?

You can go to the RMGI/Pyral website and read about the different formulations. They are priced within about $10/reel.
Sonically, I choose SM900 because I feel it is quieter and has the highest headroom.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
listened to Elias Nardi tape tonight and WHOW! probably THE best/most natural sounding tape in my collection
harmonics, body, texture, soundstage and all
don´t think the music is for everybody, but I´m intrigued by the middle east/arabic /west fusion and find it vey fascinating and soothing
love the rhythm
best
Leif

Feb 16, 2015
Norway
I received the Peter Erskine Trio Live in Genova Vol.1 a couple of months ago. If you like modern and rhytmic piano trio music this is highly recommended. It is a very modern live recording with a fantastic clearity and a incredibly huge soundstage, the 3D and dynamics are great! It`s sounding so natural. One of the absolute best sounding tapes of new recordings in my collection.

I guess you all know Erskine, here he is with Palle Danielsson on bass and Rita Marcotulli on piano, all legends in modern jazz. Theire CV is incredible. The concert is 3 tapes, I will get the two others later.

http://www.analogyrecords.org/products/premium/peter-erskine-trio-live-in-genova-vol-1p/

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I would rather DDD (DSD128/256) than what appears we have currently, DAA (reel). :rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing