Broil King Signet 90 - Natural Gas BBQ

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
After many years of not being able to own a BBQ (I lived in a high-rise and local by-law prevented such ownership), I am now finally able to start grilling again. So after looking around for several weeks at the brands accessible to us here in Calgary, I settled on the Broil King Signet 90 Natural Gas BBQ. The fact that Broil King is manufactured in Canada entered into my final decision as well, since I believe in supporting Canadian jobs. However, I would not have done so if the quality wasn't there, but it is, so win-win for both Broil King and I.

I had a budget in mind, which was around $600 -$800 and this grill fit the bill. I looked at Weber Grills since I've owned them in the past and like them, but they are ridiculously priced in Canada. A similar Weber would have cost me $1,100 and I wasn't about to fork over that kind of cash for a BBQ. I could have stretched it by $100-$200, but not $400. Anyway..Weber be gone, Broil King here I come. One of the things I wanted was a Rotisserie and dedicated burner as we all love Roast Chicken and other roasts. It came with a side-burner, which is handy, but wasn't essential for me personally. The main grill has 3 burners (left/centre/right), which is what I did want. The BTU's are 40,000 MAIN, 15,000 Rotisserie, 10,000 Side burner. It has a cooking surface area of 635 sq.in.

We christened it last night with some cheddar/mozzarella-stuffed burgers, courtesy of my nephew. They were perfectly cooked to our liking, which is from medium-rare to medium. Some fresh Dempster's Sesame Seed buns toasted lightly, and according to my nephew they had the perfect burger to bun ratio! LOL! It looks like a trip to Costco for some Back Ribs and a primal of Beef Tenderloin is on the agenda in the next few days.

I'm really happy to be back grilling again! :D

Broil King Signet 90.JPG Cheddar Mozzarella stuffed burger 2.jpg Cheddar Mozzarella stuffed burger 3.jpg

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Great, now I'll be hungry for the rest of the day, and my ham sandwich for lunch just ain't gonna' cut it. Thanks a lot. ;)

Enjoy the new grill! Our old Weber is no longer heating properly so we are in the "buy new vs. try to fix the old" debate, nice to know about this one.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing