Dual Arm AMG Viella

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
I really did not want to do the second arm option as I thought it would ruin the tables beautiful looks. I decided to go for it and now that I have seen it in the flesh it actually looks kinda cool.

I currently have the AMG Teatro in the 12" and the Benz LPS Mono in the 9.5".

Here are a few photos...

_K2C2591.jpg

_K2C2598.jpg

_K2C2600.jpg

_K2C2603.jpg

_K2C2601.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hi Mark, this tt (single arm V12 version) has come across my radar
How do you rate it as it stands itself, and against alternatives like the Kronos?
I am totally sold on the German engineering, excellent tech and use of materials, and understated aesthetics

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Has anyone tried different tonearms on the AMG v12? I am considering getting the upgrade “AMG Turbo” arm, but curious if anyone has mounted a Kuzma 4point or other highly respected arm? (Is possible?)

If so, what were your impressions? Did you compare to the Turbo arm?

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi, I have the dual arm board with the AMG 12 inch on one and the Kuzma 4 point 9 inch on the other. I actually love both arms. The Kuzma is easier to set up imo. It’s been a while since I listened and compared the same cart on both arms. But from as far as I can remember the Benz LPS ( modded by Stein) sounds better on the Kuzma and the Colibri the other way around.
Not much help but all I can say is that the Kuzma 4 point is excellent.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
That is a great way to go... is your AMG arm the Turbo?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing