Hello From Indiana USA

kfalls

Jun 24, 2015
I found this site quite by accident. I'm working with a media archiving company at Indiana University and needed Studer information. I'm an audiophile on a mid-fi budget, but have read and drooled over "What's Best" for about 45yrs. While reading the Studer posts I took some time to check out the site and decided this would be a great place for advice and info. I'm electrical, audio, video, computer and network oriented, so I hope to be able to contribute as well. I've currently been exposed to a lot of dated playback equipment, mostly from the broadcast industry since their machines can be manipulated by computer which lends itself well to our process. I know I'll have a lot of questions concerning maintenance and alignment of this equipment.

I'm also home-audio/home theater enthusiast and have what I feel is better than average hardware. I believe I have a good ear and strive for quality over quantity. I know I'll enjoy reading and posting here. So, Hello everybody I'm Ken.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I found this site quite by accident. I'm working with a media archiving company at Indiana University and needed Studer information. I'm an audiophile on a mid-fi budget, but have read and drooled over "What's Best" for about 45yrs. While reading the Studer posts I took some time to check out the site and decided this would be a great place for advice and info. I'm electrical, audio, video, computer and network oriented, so I hope to be able to contribute as well. I've currently been exposed to a lot of dated playback equipment, mostly from the broadcast industry since their machines can be manipulated by computer which lends itself well to our process. I know I'll have a lot of questions concerning maintenance and alignment of this equipment.

I'm also home-audio/home theater enthusiast and have what I feel is better than average hardware. I believe I have a good ear and strive for quality over quantity. I know I'll enjoy reading and posting here. So, Hello everybody I'm Ken.

HiKen and welcome to WBF. You will meet a lot of tape gurus here with always great advice

kfalls

Jun 24, 2015
Sounds great. I have Studer A807s and A810s, Tascam 122 MKIII cassettes, Technics 1210MK2 and EMT 948 turntables, Sony PCM 7040 DATs which makes up most of my players. We have enough of each to run two shifts of archiving. I'm probably going to need a lot of help.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Ken-welcome. What part of Indiana do you live in?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing