LaxMonte Audio System

nolax

Sep 1, 2014
Hi guys! I wanna share my simple audio set-up which was updated this summer of 2015. I started this hobby wayback 2013.
After a couple of upgrades here's my recent system.

GEARS:

Harbeth?Accuphase?Berkeley?MIT?Shunyata?Purist Audio?Telos?Gutwire?Symposium?Stillpoints

Harbeth SHL-5 paired with an Accuphase E-600
DSC_6413f_zpse58vsvle.jpg

DSC_6441f_zpstrajmo59.jpg

DSC_4480f_zps101ad936.jpg

DSC_4476f_zps067aaf12.jpg

DSC_6411f_zpsfycjt6vv.jpg

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Ok

I loooooove your system !!! . Simple .. to the point Room treatmet seems to have been taken seriously too and we share an appreciation for this superlative DAC.. Wow!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Are you in the Philippines? It looks like a system and room my good friends Ferdie Ludo in Cebu or Frank in Manila would help put together. :)

nolax

Sep 1, 2014
Ok

I loooooove your system !!! . Simple .. to the point Room treatmet seems to have been taken seriously too and we share an appreciation for this superlative DAC.. Wow!

Thank you FrantzM. Amazing DAC for the price.
Regarding room treatment, I still need to add some bass traps for the corners and center. The DIY diffuser also helps as of the moment.

nolax

Sep 1, 2014
Are you in the Philippines? It looks like a system and room my good friends Ferdie Ludo in Cebu or Frank in Manila would help put together. :)

Yes, I'm from the Philippines JackD201. The room acoustics and equipments must look familiar. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Indeed they do! I try and pass by Ferdie's whenever I go to Cebu. The food at his sister's restaurant is great too! :)

nolax

Sep 1, 2014
Indeed they do! I try and pass by Ferdie's whenever I go to Cebu. The food at his sister's restaurant is great too! :)

Have you been here lately? Ferdie's also a good friend. Yep, me and my wife frequent also Cafe Georg, great food!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last time I was in Cebu was 2 summers ago. I came with my family and stayed in Mactan. When I stay in the city proper I usually stay at Waterfront which if I'm not mistaken is still in Lahug. When there I joke Ferdie that he's my daytime buddy since he doesn't go out at night LOL! I didn't make the cut for PAL Interclub tourneys so I missed out on those trips too. A number of the Cebu Country Club players are friends though so usually they are my night time buddies. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing