which bset cd laser reader ?

starstern

Jun 10, 2014
am already set with my own dac/amp and headphones ,I guess all I need is a laser reader receiver [dsp is its technical name ??] CDM0 and CDM1 is the best laser reader ??had many problems in the past with many systems when playing high freq for a longer period ,' it begins to come out kind of crackles and rough, raspy, o breathy. hoarse until it totally stops to sound at all "

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's called the OPU or the optical pick up unit. It is a component in a CD drive. Is that what you are asking about? If so, they are not something that a person can replace or repair.

starstern

Jun 10, 2014
whatever its called ,am already equipped with my own amp/dac and headphone ,all i need is OPU compartment ,can i get such individualy ,and which are the best quality wise in both ways ,picking up well all the freq range ,as well the most durable ? there is something called cdm1 ???

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
whatever its called ,am already equipped with my own amp/dac and headphone ,all i need is OPU compartment ,can i get such individualy ,and which are the best quality wise in both ways ,picking up well all the freq range ,as well the most durable ? there is something called cdm1 ???

philips cdm1 is an older cd transport mechanism, used in various legacy players, like the marantz cd94.

starstern

Jun 10, 2014
ok on the new ones are there any one outstanding quality wise ? and can be bought single without the dac ?

TBone

Nov 15, 2012

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing