NOLA KO speakers

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Would have loved for mep to give his impressions about his KO. I am interested too in Nola speakers.

L.Segundo

Jun 27, 2015
I've certainly found the KOs to be so. I'm listening to Ella and Louis singing Porgy and Bess and the band seems to spread out from about three feet to either side of the speakers and about a mile back while the vocals and Louis's trumpet are front and center. This is just a CD that I transferred to my computer, played back through iTunes / Amarra and a modest Musical Fidelity DAC but it works for me. I may just be blessed with a pretty cool room but they respond in a fresh lively way to whatever I throw at them, whether it's transistory 70's vinyl, shaded dog classics, electronica, jazz, you name it, loud or low.
Any other impressions out there?

Phil,

Your description of your soundstage is in line with what I'm getting with my Metro Grands: A wide, rectangular stage with dense images anywhere within it, and remarkable depth. In my old, smaller room I had it in spades with my trusty Alon Lotus Sigs (8" 3 way version). In my newer, larger room that effect was limited with the Alons. However, the Metros easily energize the larger room with as little as 22wpc 845 SETs. I'll assume that the KOs would perform similarly here. BTW, I like the speakers well out into the room and listen nearfield. How are yours set up?

It's sounds like you're getting a large dose of what the KOs can do in a happy room. Congrats!

L.

Philtax

Jun 22, 2015
Phil,

Your description of your soundstage is in line with what I'm getting with my Metro Grands: A wide, rectangular stage with dense images anywhere within it, and remarkable depth. In my old, smaller room I had it in spades with my trusty Alon Lotus Sigs (8" 3 way version). In my newer, larger room that effect was limited with the Alons. However, the Metros easily energize the larger room with as little as 22wpc 845 SETs. I'll assume that the KOs would perform similarly here. BTW, I like the speakers well out into the room and listen nearfield. How are yours set up?

It's sounds like you're getting a large dose of what the KOs can do in a happy room. Congrats!

L.[/QUOTE

Hi L.

The Metro Grands must be something else. Sounds like you're enjoying them in your new room. About how big is it? I'm not sure what "nearfield" means. Do you sit just a few feet away from them?

My room is a living room / dining room about 30 feet in total length by about 14 feet wide. The two rooms are separated in the middle by a wide tall archway with about a three foot wide wall on either side and an 8 foot or so opening. The speakers are about 4 feet into the living room from the archway and about 4 feet in from the side walls so that the inner edge of the speakers are about 6 feet apart. So unless you go back about 20 feet there really isn't a wall directly behind the speakers, but there is a corner to each side. I usually sit about 10 feet from them, two feet out from the back wall. It's nice having a lot of open space behind them, and an added benefit to the open baffle design is that I can sit behind them, in the dining room, and they still sound good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing