Sweet Wines

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Peaches on the grill are excellent, in fact most stone fruits are. Cherries and apricots are among my favorites. For an unexpected treat try watermelon also.

Any of you guys try the summer peaches on the grill? Comments?

FYI.....it's that time of year again! (don't forget a small dollop of vanilla ice cream on top)

thase13

VIP/Donor
Feb 22, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Try these if you can find them.

Domaine des Baumard Quarts Des Chaume
Domaine Huet Vouvray “Cuvee Constance”
Domaine des Petits Quarts Bonnezeaux
J.J. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Goldkapsel Auslese
J.J. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese
Chateau Tirecul La Graviere Cuvee Madame Monbazillac
Chateau Doisy-Daene L’Extravagant de Doisy-Daene
Chateau Pajzos Tokaji Essencia
Sine Qua Non Mr. K Noble Man & Straw Man

Good hunting!

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Hi Gary, for some reason I missed this thread. I collected a fair number of bottles of Sauternes and Barsacs back in the '60's and early '70's. Can't drink them now because of health issues. But many are still sitting in my wine cellar. I just checked and I still have a few bottles of Ch.Climens, Coutet, Suideraut, Doisy Daene, Guiraud, Rieussec, La Tour Blanche from 1967, 1970 and 1971, and one bottle of d'yquem 1962. I have several bottles of vintage port from 1963 (Taylor and Warre) and a few nice Ausleses - I think one goldkapsel, but not a JJPrum Wehlener Sonnenuhr! The wierdest find in a sweet wine was at Trader Joes many years ago, when I saw a large number of half bottles of a company beerenauslese (Deinhard) 2000 from Rheinhesse. They were maybe $8 a bottle, so I bought a dozen or more.

We did get to visit Barsac in 2008 and stopped at Ch. Coutet, where we had a private tour, by the wife of the wine maker. We ended up buying a half case of 2005. She was not from Barsac, but her husband was. So she pronounced it Cou tay, like normal French people do, but her husband who is from Barsac pronounced it Cou tet, which is in the local Barsac dialect.

As I mentioned in thase13's comment in another wine thread, the Sauternes and other botrytis wines for a long time (maybe even today) are way undervalued for the amount of labor that goes into making a bottle of wine.

Gary, let me know when you come to SF area. I'll give you a couple of nice bottles.

Larry

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing