Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cartridges - The Pleasures Beyond...

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Thanks for this great thread, David. I think I will purchase a couple more less expensive cartridges, now that I've read this thread. Another reason to have a few cartridges, rather than just one is that you won't be out of music if a cantilever gets bent. I have two cartridges sitting with bent cantilevers right now and I have no clue how they got that way!
    Regards,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by slowGEEZR View Post
    Thanks for this great thread, David. I think I will purchase a couple more less expensive cartridges, now that I've read this thread. Another reason to have a few cartridges, rather than just one is that you won't be out of music if a cantilever gets bent. I have two cartridges sitting with bent cantilevers right now and I have no clue how they got that way!
    You're welcome Steve. I feel one of the beauties of analog tt is the ability to enjoy different flavors at will. You don't always need the ultimate cartridge to have fun...
    david
    Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Pheonix Engineering.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

My two fave vintage Japanese mm carts.

Technics EPC-100 mk4 @ 1.2 mv hard to believe it's a mm. Measures literally like a straight line and sounds sensational. Now with a VDH stylus, lost a little of the original magic of

Audio Technica AT25 - beautiful and lively

Name:  11244821463_f03059afdb_b.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  212.9 KB

Name:  15162036682_d8ea0a9d6f_b.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  174.4 KB
    Source:TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, Exclusive P3 & P10, Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s, Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon DL-S1, ESC'd 103R, Audio Tech AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik/Thoress phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03 EQ: ​​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: cj GAT, Amps: cj teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo, Speakers: Wilson Maxx3 -Townsend Supertweeters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12