Beats by Dre are Garbage!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
UGGs still top my WTF list but yeah Beats in definitely on it. LOL.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Just like Monster.... their garbage is taking them all the way to the bank!

Marketing... Marketing.. Marketing...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Apple paid $3 billion for the company. Now the negative press comes out! You wonder if they did their due diligence or not.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
'cept Lee and Lee were cut out of the 3 billion dollar deal. They've gone to court.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I think Stereophile did a review of those last year (or the year before that, even). Not very glowing review too, btw. Compared to a cheaper headphone, and found the cheaper one better...

Apple paid for the brand, not the product, as theycould've developed a better product in no time...

dalethorn

Headphone user
Dec 9, 2012
Cleveland TN.
dalethorn.com
I bought the Mixr a couple years ago - meh sound, and uncomfortable due mainly to stiff earpads. Last year I bought the Solo2 after a fairly positive review by Stereophile. The sound was less meh than the Mixr, and a big gain over the original Solo. The comfort was very good. The Momentum On Ear is a good comparison to the Solo2 - both fairly lo-fi but adequate for portable use. The Solo2 packaging was very deluxe - sure to win the hearts of their customers. I can't address the ultimate quality of the Solo2 because I donated it to the local hospital soon after reviewing it. What's really tragic about Beats is exemplified by the displays in the Apple store - every aspect of the "grey people" or lemmings in Apple's 1984 ad for the Macintosh is there in the Beats brand - extreme dullness and conformity - truly a 1984-ish product. But the packaging is really very good.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
That's a surprise? They are also the fugliest looking things. People wearing them look like fools and like they just landed from Alpha Centuri.

Actually, Zeta Reticuli; umm, make that Rediculi

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I listened to Layla on my son's Beats last year and it was unrecognizable.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I listened to Layla on my son's Beats last year and it was unrecognizable.

What mischief is he guilty of to deserve such a punishment? A Beats headphone?? :)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Where's Harman when you need them? We need Harman to get into the headphone business and train up their Harmanites on what to hear under double-baffled conditions so they can tell everyone what they should buy. This would help keep atrocious sounding headphones from entering the marketplace. :)

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Actually Dr. Olive did a "blind" headphone test. Results were as expected.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing