Ron's Speaker, Turntable, Power and Room Treatment Upgrades

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This is a photo of the equipment end of the future home theater/equipment room:

image.jpg

The equipment racks will be set-up below this window.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
These photos were taken yesterday.

the front wall of the listening room:

image2.JPG

the rear wall of the listening room:

image1.JPG

AZWink

Jan 10, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like progress is steady, now. Construction projects are always an exciting, yet frustrating time. Thanks for the pics!

Dan

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Nice Ron, you must be happy to be underway.

I think projects like this are like packing up to move, when you look around and think there's only about 10% left, you're half way done!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Any Lead lined drywall?

No, no lead-lined drywall. What would be the purpose of that? To prevent the sound from escaping the listening room?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Dan and Bob.

I feel like I can see from the outside the entrance to the tunnel.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Congrats Ron, I love construction. I too had flood damage in August, but not as extensive as yours. I acted as the GC so it moved quickly. I'm sure you are getting very excited,looks great so far.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I'm feeling some anticipation... nothing like ones own home. I can almost visualize the Pendragons.

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
Better yet, soundproof drywall. Used for recording studios and music listening rooms .

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Nice to see the progress, Ron. Now you have to get cracking on which turntable you plan to buy. You don't want to be finished with the construction project and not have all of the pieces to assemble your new audio system. Somewhere along the way, I missed the home theater portion of this project. Will you audio and HT be in the same space?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Looking very promising!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The Pendragons are in storage in the USA, courtesy of the kind assistance of Jason Lord of The Source AV, of Torrance, CA.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Since I do not know the positioning of the speakers to the front wall I keep making the wood floor strip -- which interrupts the wall-to-wall carpet from the front wall and the wall-to-wall carpet from the rear wall with a section of wood flooring -- deeper and deeper (now seven feet deep) to make sure I have enough adjustment ability to move the speakers closer to or further away from the front wall. This wood strip on the floor continues the wood floor from the hallway outside of a door on the left side of the room so I can easily slide the speakers and amplifiers into the room and and then easily move them around.

(This is modification of MikeL's floor design which has about the first 3/8 of the floor from the front wall covered in wood, and the remaining 5/8 of the floor covered in carpet.)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . Somewhere along the way, I missed the home theater portion of this project. Will you audio and HT be in the same space?

Dear Peter,

No, Tinka will have a separate and dedicated home theater in three-quarters of the space in the room adjacent to the listening room. In this adjacent room I will have only a row of equipment racks at the back of the room, with six swing-arm lights equally spaced above the racks.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . Somewhere along the way, I missed the home theater portion of this project. Will you audio and HT be in the same space?

Dear Peter,

No, Tinka will have a separate and dedicated home theater in three-quarters of the space in the room adjacent to the listening room. In this adjacent room I will have only a row of equipment racks at the back of the room, with six swing-arm lights equally spaced above the racks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing