US Open at Chamber's Bay--attendee's welcome to visit for a listen

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I'm taking the week off to attend the US Open at Chamber's Bay, which is about 50 miles south of me just south of Tacoma. a once in a lifetime event to have this in the Northwest.

if any WBF members are attending and have the time and inclination to visit for a listen they would be welcome. it would need to be later in the evening as i'll be at the course during the day.

PM me your contact info and i'll get back to you.

Mike

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Major golf tourneys with their deep player field are the ultimate experience for a golf fan when you can attend. Have fun Mike. This course looks wonderful...the first time I have seen it.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Major golf tourneys with their deep player field are the ultimate experience for a golf fan when you can attend. Have fun Mike. This course looks wonderful...the first time I have seen it.

One of my good clients is now the CFO for the PGA and is out there at the tourney! :)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
One of my good clients is now the CFO for the PGA and is out there at the tourney! :)

This public course looks like a brutal test...total links style and not over watered for fast greens. I don't like US Open's that go too far under par for 72 holes. This may be one of those courses, especially if the wind blows off Puget Bay. I saw The Players 1996 (almost a major) and USOpen at Pinehurst No. 2 in 1999. Serious excitement level watching them live.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hey Mike....How's going out in Chamber's Bay ? I have one word for that golf course....diabolical !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 65

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing