Anyone familiar with this company: AVC (Audiophile Vibration Control)?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm interested in one of their isolation platforms for my TT as their pricepoint suits my budget. They also appeal to me aesthetically. Would one of these platforms be an improvement over my homemade butcher block/felt-covered hockey puck concoction?

http://audiophilevibrationcontrol.com/

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
From what I see, probably not by much if ever BUT they do look good and the price is reasonable.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I think the Mahogany Hardwood Edge Series Platforms would look great with your Turntable sitting on it... :D
http://audiophilevibrationcontrol.com/product/hardwood-edge-platforms/

That's the one I was looking at. :D

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I'm interested in one of their isolation platforms for my TT as their pricepoint suits my budget. They also appeal to me aesthetically. Would one of these platforms be an improvement over my homemade butcher block/felt-covered hockey puck concoction?

http://audiophilevibrationcontrol.com/

John-Make sure you take plenty of measurements and generate lots of graphs and charts from the measurements with your old turntable stand first and then repeat after you buy the new stand and we can all jump in and tell you which one sounds the best even though we have never been to your house and heard either one of them.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I suspect that your result using an Oracle will be a slightly warmer and tamer presentation with one of those bases. Also, the highs will be less tizzy (for lack of a better word), but more refined. It should be a noticeable improvement.

A long time ago, I built a turntable with an integrated isolation platform. I base my opinion on that while trying to mentally visually your results by taking into account the differences I can see along with experience I've managed to pick up along the way.

Here's a photo of that old turntable.

Baby 1.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John-Make sure you take plenty of measurements and generate lots of graphs and charts from the measurements with your old turntable stand first and then repeat after you buy the new stand and we can all jump in and tell you which one sounds the best even though we have never been to your house and heard either one of them.
Haha! You kill me. I've got graph paper and a yardstick at the ready!
I suspect that your result using an Oracle will be a slightly warmer and tamer presentation with one of those bases. Also, the highs will be less tizzy (for lack of a better word), but more refined. It should be a noticeable improvement.

A long time ago, I built a turntable with an integrated isolation platform. I base my opinion on that while trying to mentally visually your results by taking into account the differences I can see along with experience I've managed to pick up along the way.

Here's a photo of that old turntable.

View attachment 21298
I noticed the same with my old butcher block/hockey puck concoction, but this unit looks so much nicer and maybe I can get even better results. That's one nice looking turntable. Was it one off?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I've done a complete about face regarding the unit from AVC I was prepared to order. Saved a bundle and I'm convinced it'll do the same thing.

For a measly $63 CDN (shipping and taxes included) I ordered a Sevy Butcher block, which I saw in a pic from someone on the SHF. He added the bottom portion of a Vibrapod turned upside down to each leg for further isolation/vibration control. I think it looks really smart and I can't see it being any less effective.

Sevy Cutting Board.jpg Sevy Cutting Board 2.jpg

RadioWonder

Jun 22, 2015
I've done a complete about face regarding the unit from AVC I was prepared to order. Saved a bundle and I'm convinced it'll do the same thing.

For a measly $63 CDN (shipping and taxes included) I ordered a Sevy Butcher block, which I saw in a pic from someone on the SHF. He added the bottom portion of a Vibrapod turned upside down to each leg for further isolation/vibration control. I think it looks really smart and I can't see it being any less effective.

View attachment 21533 View attachment 21534

Wow! Looks great! Good find! :D

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Cool beans! In my experience, you never know until you try. If you hear any discernible difference for the better with the butcher block in place, then you have success.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I saw this article on IKEA APTITLIG Bamboo Boards and I purchased the large $14.95 Bamboo board and was so pleased I purchased all three sizes for different place in my three rooms of AV Gear...:D

I did try the AVC Blocks, but prefer the sound of Bamboo... ;)
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/ikea_aptitlig.htm

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00233429/

I saw those, but I didn't like the slanted edges.

I received the Sevy today. Set it up with the bottom portion of 4 Vibrapods (inverted) underneath each footer.
The Sevy is Rubberwood.

IMG_0469.JPG

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I've had 4 days of listening to music with the Sevy Rubberwood butcher block & VibraPod feet, and I'm very pleased with the results. I feel there is more body to the music and everything has tightened up. There is more clarity to the overall soundscape and a quickness with lower frequency sounds that helps me to identify a standup bass from a guitar bass much more easily. It is much more succinct now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing