The Martian | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Watching the author interview. It is excellent. Definitely worth a watch. Extremely well researched topic of how one gets sent to Mars and come back.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Anything with the name Ridley Scott attached to it I'm all in. ...I've heard the book is good.

This will be in 3D. :cool: ...Coming November 25*, 2015 in North America.

* The date has been changed to earlier: October 2, 2015.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow! On the trailer alone.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Whoah!!!!!!!!!!!!! When???????????????

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
"Regardless of box office, however, something that breaks Scott's recent string of highly anticipated and ultimately disappointing films -- including Prometheus and Exodus: Gods and Kings -- would be welcomed above all. Now that the opening bits of footage have made The Martian more highly anticipated, this new and much more promising release date puts more of a bullseye on its back."

Totally agree.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
"Regardless of box office, however, something that breaks Scott's recent string of highly anticipated and ultimately disappointing films -- including Prometheus and Exodus: Gods and Kings -- would be welcomed above all. Now that the opening bits of footage have made The Martian more highly anticipated, this new and much more promising release date puts more of a bullseye on its back."

Totally agree.

I thought Ridley made Prometheus too expansive (treading into the esoteric side of UFO culture) for his own good and that Genesis (not you Gary!) is itself too expansive.

This novel should be perfect for him. Few directors can do the lone wolf thing as well as he can.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I thought Ridley made Prometheus too expansive (treading into the esoteric side of UFO culture) for his own good and that Genesis (not you Gary!) is itself too expansive.

This novel should be perfect for him. Few directors can do the lone wolf thing as well as he can.

Per Scott's; I often prefer Tony to Ridley's work ... b/c TS's films rely more on his superior camera work, while not drifting too far into expansive/silly story telling. IMO, Prometheus tried to hard to be everything it isn't.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yep. 'cept Days of Thunder.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw the movie today and while I know there will be 'solitary' dragging scenes I still believed overall it will be a good movie. The Martian scenes were breathtaking and imaginative, and the end was just fantastic. And who would have thought that China will extend its helping hands somewhere there.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Saw the movie today and while I know there will be 'solitary' dragging scenes I still believed overall it will be a good movie. The Martian scenes were breathtaking and imaginative, and the end was just fantastic. And who would have thought that China will extend its helping hands somewhere there.

Hi Phil, did you see it in 3D?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
***1/2 Boston Globe

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
I saw a preview showing about 10 days ago. The story line continually contradicts itself. At some points, sometimes NASA has money to burn and at other times it doesn't do things that should be almost automatic. Sometimes the wind is the big problem and at other times (because the atmosphere is so thin) the wind is no problem at all. Sometimes Damon's character is near genius other times he acts like a grade school kid. And then there's the thing about music selection.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing