Reference Turntable, The Step Beyond

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
The best Performance i ever hear is the first version of Brakemeier Apolyt.
The dynamic is incridible, one note from a piano and you know you listen to a special turntable.
He conveys quietly in the background of the music, you really have to hear it. definitely a lasting memory forever.
View attachment 74495
How many did he make?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The best Performance i ever hear is the first version of Brakemeier Apolyt.
The dynamic is incridible, one note from a piano and you know you listen to a special turntable.
He conveys quietly in the background of the music, you really have to hear it. definitely a lasting memory forever.
View attachment 74495
No disrsepect but you need to spend time with real turntables this thing was ok but this thing doesn’t belong in this group of turntables.

david

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
How many did he make?
Hello,
16 Pieces i have seen that serialnummer, here if you want him

Last edited:

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
No disrsepect but you need to spend time with real turntables this thing was ok but this thing doesn’t belong in this group of turntables.

david
Ok...I will hold back and say nothing about micro seiki, have a nice day..

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I see you have a Silvaweld preamp...I love Silvaweld and had a SWC450 and a SWC 1000 back in the day. I also had their big OTL monos and still have a SWH650 phonostage that I love dearly.

I would say if you have a comment on what someone else thinks about turntables you should open up and write what you want. Don't let DDK bully you into silence. He is strong and outspoken but not always right.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Hi,
Love the clear open Sound too from Silvaweld
On topic i had from 1996-2000 a Micro Seiki 8000( series I )i buy it from Japan direct,with AX 5G Base Fr 64s Kiseki Agaat i know what is sound like
Audio Research SP10,Krell KSA Monos and Martin Logan CLS.
Twenty years ago sounds good,today i would do some things to make Micro Seiki better.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I see you have a Silvaweld preamp...I love Silvaweld and had a SWC450 and a SWC 1000 back in the day. I also had their big OTL monos and still have a SWH650 phonostage that I love dearly.

I would say if you have a comment on what someone else thinks about turntables you should open up and write what you want. Don't let DDK bully you into silence. He is strong and outspoken but not always right.
Not a matter of bullying Brad or what people should like, this thread is about certain level of turntables and I’d like to keep it exclusive to this category and not dilute it. There other turntables we can add here but the old Apolyt as simply doesn’t belong in this group. Many excellent turntables I left out from this group for the same reason.

david

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Not a matter of bullying Brad or what people should like, this thread is about certain level of turntables and I’d like to keep it exclusive to this category and not dilute it. There other turntables we can add here but the old Apolyt as simply doesn’t belong in this group. Many excellent turntables I left out from this group for the same reason.

david
Clearly the responder felt it did belong in the elite group and your dismissiveness, without explanation as to why, made him to comment that he will not contribute further. That is bullying. If you had taken time to explain why you don't think it fits in this exclusive group (I haven't heard it to comment) then it would have been a different situation.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California

I am always interested in Micro Seiki impressions as I've not heard those tables myself. Which models have you evaluated, and what are your takeaways?

Edit: I see you're referring to the 8000-I. What are its sonic strengths and weaknesses?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Clearly the responder felt it did belong in the elite group and your dismissiveness, without explanation as to why, made him to comment that he will not contribute further. That is bullying. If you had taken time to explain why you don't think it fits in this exclusive group (I haven't heard it to comment) then it would have been a different situation.
Brad we're not 6 year olds in first grade not to be direct in our conversation I was very clear regarding my reason for dismissing the Apolyt. I suggest you take personal matters offline where they belong!

david

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Brad we're not 6 year olds in first grade not to be direct in our conversation I was very clear regarding my reason for dismissing the Apolyt. I suggest you take personal matters offline where they belong!

david
If you mean post #202, all I can say is :rolleyes:. That is what passes as an explanation to you? It is a blunt dismissal, nothing more.

mr-particle

Dec 20, 2012
Germany

david
Maybe I missed something, but I also can’t find an explanation why the Apolyt was skipped.
As fare as I know, there were 2 versions manufactured with different types of air bearing - maybe this does also matter.

Reactions: Direct Drive

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
If you mean post #202, all I can say is :rolleyes:. That is what passes as an explanation to you? It is a blunt dismissal, nothing more.
Of course I dismissed that Apolyt from this group! Do you have something to contribute regarding the tts or you want to manage me?

david

Reactions: cuntigh

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Maybe I missed something, but I also can’t find an explanation why the Apolyt was skipped.
As fare as I know, there were 2 versions manufactured with different types of air bearing - maybe this does also matter.
I'll be happy to talk about the Apolyt in another thread if needed, this is a very distinct thread about a certain level of turntables and I want to keep it that way for people who start reading from the end.

david

Reactions: cuntigh

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Of course I dismissed that Apolyt from this group! Do you have something to contribute regarding the tts or you want to manage me?

david
No, but if you are going to dismiss a proposal of a TT that someone thinks is worthy you need to give at least your opinion (and let's be clear that is what it is) of the sonic traits where it fails to reach your definition of an ultimate level TT.

Reactions: Tbzc

mr-particle

Dec 20, 2012
Germany
I'll be happy to talk about the Apolyt in another thread if needed, this is a very distinct thread about a certain level of turntables and I want to keep it that way for people who start reading from the end.

david
Thanks.
No need for another thread, I was just curious to learn more about where you see that the Apolyt is inferior.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
I am always interested in Micro Seiki impressions as I've not heard those tables myself. Which models have you evaluated, and what are your takeaways?

Edit: I see you're referring to the 8000-I. What are its sonic strengths and weaknesses?
Hi,
I send you PM. Here is not right place i don't want distub

Reactions: bazelio

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Hi,
Stephan I disagree with your decision.
I want to believe that Whats best forums is a society where everyone can express his opinion and experiences.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hi,
Dear DasguteOhr,
Please feel free and go ahead and discuss the 8000 here my comment was simply limited to that model Apolyt, nothing to do with the 8000 or any of these this level tts, positive or negative.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing