Roger Waters: Amused To Death (July 24, 2015)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Who did original mastering?

I read on the AS site that Guthrie did the remastering. Did he do the original pressing? I don't remember; have to go home and look tonight. I couldn't figure it out looking at Wiki, either.

John

Preorders are up at Amazon and Acoustic Sounds, and will come in just about every format imaginable...and more.

All vinyl will be pressed at QRP for worldwide distribution, but there will be dedicated releases by Sony and AP.

Here's the skinny:
Superdeluxe has all of the various preorder links for every format:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/f...-death-vinyl-and-hi-res-reissues/#more-113731

http://store.acousticsounds.com/s/409

mbskeam

Sep 28, 2012
some place in seattle area
http://www.discogs.com/Roger-Waters-Amused-To-Death/release/911132

Credits

Co-producer, Recorded By – Nick Griffiths
Engineer – Hayden Bendall*, Jerry Jordan, Stephen McLaughlan*
Engineer [Assistant Mix] – Sean O'Dwyer
Engineer [Assistant] – Andy Bradfield, Brian Burrows, Chris Brown (8), Dary Sulich, Jeremy Wheatley, John Lowson, Marc Moreau, Mike Bosley, Ross Donaldson, Roy Sweeting, Steve Heinke
Mastered By – Doug Sax, Ron Lewter
Mixed By – James Guthrie
Producer – Patrick Leonard
Written-By, Producer – Roger Waters

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc actually announced AND took pre-orders for this title 2 years ago. I have been waiting for a release date for so long, I had almost given up on it until Chad announce the 7/24 date a couple of months ago. Older pre-orders are still in their queue.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Did a brief, side 1 only, comparison between the original and the QRP pressed reissue. I felt the original has a richer texture, sounding more "real", but the reissue, on a couple of tracks, exhibited better vocal intelligibility at the expense of sounding more "hi-fi-ish". Certainly I have to really sit down and listen to the whole set and reserve judgment until I've done that.

John

Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc actually announced AND took pre-orders for this title 2 years ago. I have been waiting for a release date for so long, I had almost given up on it until Chad announce the 7/24 date a couple of months ago. Older pre-orders are still in their queue.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing