Steve's The Show 2015 Pictures

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
the weather was great and the surf was up :)

Having said that Rbbert I truly enjoyed the tape I heard on Sunday and I felt vindicated when in the front row Michael Jackson's drummer got up and introduced himself and said it was the best thing he has ever heard. I also commented previously that I have heard these same speakers at shows for countless years and to MBL going back at least 12 years but always played loudly and with MBL electronics. I would love to hear DEV's setup with VAC electronics. My biggest bugaboo about MBL is that I can take my dose of it on an annual basis at the audio shows but after a while I do get fatigue listening to this system. On Sunday however I truly enjoyed it and thought it was far from MP3

I do not find such problems. I can listen to my MBL 101 8 hours straight without getting any fatigue. I do agree MBL is not easy to setup. It takes me a lot of time to get it right and still I don't think I got it setup perfectly. But I think the sound is magical and I cannot find the same sound field from other speakers except dipole. I don't think I will ever go back to closed boxed speakers.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
My comments were only on the mbl room at this show. As I also posted, it is the first time I've heard mbl's that I haven't liked them a lot.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Steve, thanks for the pics especially getting such large coverage in such a short time. Sure helped over come some of the blues after my visit!:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing