Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amir Rant: "Memory Leak"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    Websites with lazy as **** coding... Car manufacturer website are pretty bad, often. FireFox will run fine for me, then I start visiting all sorts of non-forum based stuff and it chokes like hamster eating a poodle. It's nonsense, just lazy idiots that should be canned but somehow keep building websites.
    Indeed. What gets me is so many scripts running so many animated ads that the machine cooks and cooks good. On my last laptop I could not visit AVS forum. The bottom would get so hot as to burn my lap! Talk about wasting power. It literally pushed me towards installing an ad blocker and then the situation became manageable.

Mind you, I think they should do what they need to make money. But they should test to see if their site is sucking an entire core i5 processor just sitting there without me doing anything!

Amir, looks like you also have a problem with Chrome. You shouldn't have that many processes open burning that much memory. That may be another problem on your PC..

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Amir, you are a Microsoft expert. You already know that animated commercials from places like Facebook and Twitter can slow down your PC.
    Multitasking, downloading hi res music, Skype, Vudu, Netflix, burning copies of UHD movies, etc., they can all slow down your navigation. ...Apps running in the background, ...high resolution pictures, ...

The Task Manager indicates what's going on. ...If someone tries to access your browser, your mouse, your coordinates, your actions, your privacy, ...you are the expert who knows all of that. ...Your Internet service provider, the speed they provide you with, how many more PCs connected to your main modem/router center, all the activities from the Internet, etc., and from all your family. Me I don't know, I'm just shooting ideas. When I have issues you are one of the top people I would ask for the solution, and among few other PC member experts here...the ones still active, or reading.

I realize that this thread is older, but it has been resurrected and the subject is very real in today's world we live in. Windows 10 wants to be in everywhere.
    The Apple people are reading this and they probably say to themselves: How come I don't experience those kind of issues, but different ones?

Scott and Vincent are the two local PC experts; that's their job of expertise to help people like me, and you.
    I'm sure there are others too...

P.S. AVSForum has over one million members, and advertising (animated) is one of their main source of revenues.
    Naturally normal to be a slower site overall as compared to most smaller sites with less animated commercials and google checking on you, etc.
    There are so many functions and features inside our ordinateurs that it's not always organized efficiently. Internet Explorer says it...explorer.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Add icloud sevices to the offender list. Yesterday my machine was having trouble drawing windows without big black blank spaces. I knew where to look, opened task manager, and icloud services was gobbling over a gig of memory. On reboot it was tamed to about 4 mb. Granted, I regularly have a dozen apps open, including memory hogs like Photoshop, InDesign, and Outlook (fat pig), and sometimes don't reboot for weeks at a time—making leaks even more apparent.

(And no, I did not think icloud services was related to drawing of the screen, but the problem is a sign of memory issues.)
    —Bob Vineyard, aka bobvin

My system: Benz LPS, Einstein Turntables' Choice phono-pre (dual mono version), AMG v12 turntable, dCS Rossini DAC, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref75 amp w.KT150 tubes, Wilson Alexia speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal cables, Shunyata Zitron Sigma, AlphaNR, Python, Anaconda, Cobra power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3. Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sbo6 View Post
    Amir, looks like you also have a problem with Chrome. You shouldn't have that many processes open burning that much memory. That may be another problem on your PC..
    At any one time, I probably have 30 to 40 tabs open in a dozen browser session . So no, there is not a problem there. It is the way I work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12