John Nash working on alternative Theory of Relativity before dying

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
It was bad enough losing a brilliant mathematician such as him, but looks like he was quite a way along to proposing an alternative to the Einstein Theory of Relativity (was always critical of the theory) and especially quantum mechanics and gravity.
Whether this theory would had stood peer study is unknown, but it is a great shame we never did get to see him fully present this.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/beautiful-...eory-relativity-just-before-his-death-1503644

I guess more information will come out about this and whether The Times is reporting this correctly or Cedric Villani has been taken out of context.
Cedric Villani associated with the story is also a great mathematician.

Cheers
Orb

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It would be quite remarkable if true.

The movie about his life was also fascinating and well done. I still remember the remarkable feat of using logic to detect his schizophrenia: "She never gets old! Marcee can't be real; she never gets old!" That the imaginary girl he was seeing could not be real because over the years, she always looked the same. In his real life documentary he says that he treated himself. That he "willed it." "He decided to think rational." A fascinated trip into psychiatric disorder and back to normalcy. Very worthwhile documentary worth watching about his life:

He will be missed.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Yeah going to be interesting to see how this unfolds and how much of his theory is written in a way that can be followed but a double tragedy in terms of losing him and his ongoing works.
I can strongly recommend A Beautiful Mind.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268978/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Russell Crowe was superb in the film as were the supporting cast, done exceptionally well.

Edit:
Ooh I better mention that it is not entirely accurate, just in case some compare it to the documentaries, still a great film to watch though.
Cheers
Orb

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
That gets my attention...the documentary. ...His mindset, his family, his wife, his working entourage, "game theory", A.I. (Artificial Intelligence), the academy, Nobel Prizes...

R.I.P. John & Alicia

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing