Best redbook 16bit/44.1kHz DACs?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Again, he may very well have the right conclusions but little of what he has put forward gives confidence in them.

As it is, I can just as well impress anyone with my 15 year old DAC. :)

Fascinating discussion.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
They "inspect" every package coming in to see if its "compliant" and agreed upon. LoL

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
From time to time, I do get demo units in and tend to overuse that description. True in a way as some things will not stay. loL

Chris F

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Amir, I don't see the issue? It looks like the software is simply rendering the primary frequency in a tight line. If you really think there is something badly wrong why don't you ask for a zoomed in version of the chart or clarification of the result instead of calling into question the credentials of someone who does this sort of thing in professional capacity based entirely on assumption and speculation?

As for the rest I will refrain from commenting as my understanding of jitter measurements is limited to looking for obvious spikes and that a narrow jitter band is better then a wide one. Using those two metrics the Yggdrasil performs very very well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing