Silent Source The Music Reference- Any opinions?

bebop86

Apr 1, 2013
Guys I currently am running the MG Audio loom of cables but have been offered a set of Silent Source -The Music Reference at a very good price- Just curious if anyone has used or heard these cables- I would be using them with my Concert Fidelity and Classic Audio Horn setup - thanks

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
I have been using SS The Music Reference speaker cables for about 4 years. I also use SS Silver Signature interconnects and power cords. The Music Reference cables are very neutral - not adding or subtracting anything, but are also revealing of what is upstream from them. Very true to the source, in my case, my turntable. I have been happy with them. Have tried other cables for the short term, but return to the Silent Source. Never heard them with horns, so I can't be of much help there. See if you can borrow them for an audition. Caveat: Silent Source cables need a little time to "settle in" after having been moved or installed. Don't be too quick to judge what you are hearing until they have a few hours in your system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing