Venom digital PC has Zitron technology?

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
From what I have read on Shunyata's website, the Venom digital PC has the same conductors as the other Venom power cables, and has better grade connectors (hand fastened, not moulded). I emailed Shunyata a few months ago, asking about the digital noise circuit in the Venom digital VS the digital noise technology in the Zitron Alpha digital. I was told that the noise cutting circuitry was the same. OK, good!

Now I see a guy selling a Venom digital PC. His pictures indicate that the Venom digital PC ALSO has Zitron circuitry; both on the cable collar, and on the box. Wait what?

Venom conductors with Zitron technology? Can someone explain? Seems to good to be true…

You can see the add here:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649198738-shunyata-venom-digital-power-cord-175m/

If true, this is too good to pass up.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I seen the box where it says it has Zitron technology

But from the Shunyata website.....

http://www.shunyata.com/our-products/pwr-cables/55-venom-series/415-venom-digital#!venom_digital_ac

STANDARD LENGTH
- US 1.75M
- EU 1.75M

COLOR
- Blue w/white stripe

CABLE DIAMETER
- 0.45 inches (11.4 mm)

ELECTRICAL CONDUCTORS
- OFC 12 AWG

MAXIMUM VOLTAGE
- Max Voltage (US): 90-240 VAC (connector dependent)
- Max Voltage (Asia): 90-240 VAC (connector dependent)
- Max Voltage (Euro): 240VAC (connector dependent)
- Maximum Instantaneous Voltage: 1250 VAC

CURRENT RATINGS
- Max continuous current: 20 Amps (connector dependent)
- Max instantaneous current: >200 Amps (800ms)

ELECTRICAL TESTS
- Polarity and continuity tests x2 (each cable tested)
- HiPOT Test: 2,000 VAC @ 5s (each cable tested)
- Insulation Breakdown Test: >4,000 VAC @ 2 minutes

AVAILABLE CONNECTORS
- US P15 Molded
- EU EURO CEE 7/7 Molded
- IEC C15 Molded

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
From what I have read on Shunyata's website, the Venom digital PC has the same conductors as the other Venom power cables, and has better grade connectors (hand fastened, not moulded). I emailed Shunyata a few months ago, asking about the digital noise circuit in the Venom digital VS the digital noise technology in the Zitron Alpha digital. I was told that the noise cutting circuitry was the same. OK, good!

Now I see a guy selling a Venom digital PC. His pictures indicate that the Venom digital PC ALSO has Zitron circuitry; both on the cable collar, and on the box. Wait what?

Venom conductors with Zitron technology? Can someone explain? Seems to good to be true…

You can see the add here:

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649198738-shunyata-venom-digital-power-cord-175m/

If true, this is too good to pass up.

Yeah I think it can be confusing. The Venom does not use XTron conductors. But it does use the modified Xitron NR filters. The filters are not as advanced as in the Alpha Series but are very effective at reducing noise. I don't believe there is anything near its price point with its technical capabilities.

I have talked to production and they are going to make some labeling changes to make it less ambiguous.

Indy

Dec 14, 2014
Thanks for the explanation Caelin. I went to my local dealer and bought one yesterday. I plugged it into my Rega DAC R (replacing a regular Venom 3). The Venom 3 was great with the Rega DAC. But, the Venom digital has significantly reduced the noise.

I did not think my system was noisy before, but it sure sounds silent now! It sounds like I went from a dark grey background to a pure black one. All this was only after 3 hours breaking it in hooked up to a fan. Really great performance for a very reasonable price.

I am thinking of buying one to hook up to the Mac Mini I use as a music server. I would need to use a C7 adaptor to plug it into the Mac mini. Would using the adaptor with the Venom digital reduce the effectiveness of the digital noise reduction filters?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Thanks for the explanation Caelin. I went to my local dealer and bought one yesterday. I plugged it into my Rega DAC R (replacing a regular Venom 3). The Venom 3 was great with the Rega DAC. But, the Venom digital has significantly reduced the noise.

I did not think my system was noisy before, but it sure sounds silent now! It sounds like I went from a dark grey background to a pure black one. All this was only after 3 hours breaking it in hooked up to a fan. Really great performance for a very reasonable price.

I am thinking of buying one to hook up to the Mac Mini I use as a music server. I would need to use a C7 adaptor to plug it into the Mac mini. Would using the adaptor with the Venom digital reduce the effectiveness of the digital noise reduction filters?

Adapters we have made are 14 gauge which is huge for mini power cables. It will work great with the Venom Digital which is the main cable we made them for.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing