Music/Song that has an emotional tie to your life.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I was at a buddies dads funeral today and when the young lady sung Ave Maria, she nailed it and it connected with me emotionally in a big way.
I was not that close to the dad, she just nailed it.

It got me to think about a thread about songs that we are very emotionally effected by specific events in our lives.

So lets here your emotional connections to specific songs and why.

Two of them for me are,
Carrie Underwood How Great Thou Art. I found this while looking for music for my moms funeral and yes I blasted this version through the church, not a dry eye in the house. She nails it on so many levels and I lose it everytime I hear it. Turn it up and listen to the whole thing, brings the house down.

This on came many months after my fathers funeral and I had my wife and three daughters in the car with me and Butterfly Kisses came on the radio. We were just driving over to my wife's moms house having general conversations and about 1 minute into this we were pulled over for about 15 minutes gathering it up to be presentable to her mom.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing