? What Jazz Music Selection are you Listening to in the Now? | Analog, Digital ??????

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I love Madeleine Peroux, though lately I find myself going back to Cannonball and Coltrane a lot. Wonderful record.

Tim

PS -- Oh yeah...Western Digital hard drive. :)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
This morning
Art of Conversation - Baron/Holland
Oslo Odyssey - Andersen, Dundas, Hofseth, Heral

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Late to the party but just bought some Sarah Vaughan. Never quite realized how good she was until very recently.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
This mornings spins

Midnight Blue - Kenny Burrell
Bring it Back - Catherine Russell

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Playing right now? Van Morrison's "Enlightenment." I can make a pretty good argument that some, if not this, Van is vocal Jazz. :)

Tim

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Time Further Out - Dave Brubeck Q
Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus - Vince Guaraldi Trio

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Joe Williams Having a Good Time in 16/44.1. Two of my all times favs, Joe Williams and Ben Webster. Good but not stellar SQ from private tapes discovered after JW's death. As an aside, I had tickets to his show in Philly but he died 2 weeks before. He was fantastic live. Glad I did get to see him before that.

Reactions: bazelio

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Joe Williams Having a Good Time in 16/44.1. Two of my all times favs, Joe Williams and Ben Webster. Good but not stellar SQ from private tapes discovered after JW's death. As an aside, I had tickets to his show in Philly but he died 2 weeks before. He was fantastic live. Glad I did get to see him before that.

Great stuff. So far, I have found the following albums, a number of them specially remastered, MFSL, Japan, etc and enjoy every single one of them!

Coleman Hawkins Encounters Ben Webster

During This Time
Oscar Peterson, Ben Webster

Music For Loving

Stormy Weather Art of jazz

Soulville

Soul of Ben Webster

See You at the Fair

Ben Webster and Associates

Mulligan Meets Ben Webster

Reactions: NanoSword

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
In the now ::

? Very smooth. ...One of my favorite musicians. ...Highly versatile, creative, invigorating. ...Good for the soul, music is good.

** Every time I post an album (CD) music front cover, you can click on it for free music samplers.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Homecoming - Bruce Katz Band
Leans toward blues than jazz but its there.
Out of this Mood, Shades of Delight both Lyambiko & her trio. Terrific covers of Astro Blue and Black Coffee

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Oscar Peterson - exclusively for my friends (MPS 6LP boxset)

It is very rare that I can sit through any artists' boxset in one or two sessions, but this is the exception. I play it about 3 times a year and have yet to pick a favourite.

Oscar Peterson - exclusively for my friends.JPG

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Currently listening to the beautiful music of Bill Evans/New Conversations. Current track, I Love My Wife. I picked this album up at the Austin Record Show last Saturday, for $5 and it is in scratch free condition. Just excellent!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing