? What Jazz Music Selection are you Listening to in the Now? | Analog, Digital ??????

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The music is very pleasant..the piano..wow and the sound is superb from Linn Records.

IMG_3052.JPG

Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tango, you've got to learn how to rotate your pictures. :b

1. Click on Edit
2. Click on Adjustment
3. Click on Rotate
4. Click on Save

Hello NorthStar

Does it look up side down? In my monitor it looks just fine..not up side down :confused:.

Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Redbook

Music: 10/10
Recording: 10/10
Verdict: Ultimate presence and intimate conscience.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
^
I like the guitar work but still my fav on CtW is
Roberta Flack

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
What could be better than get up in the morning and find yourself still healthy.

Good morning to all.

IMG_3107.JPG

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
This is the latest from Newvelle Records, second season set of records.
I think their first set is way better than the second set.
I havent played for second time of any record from the second set.

IMG_3120.JPG

Tang

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Today is tape day.

IMG_3129.JPG

Tang

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Nina Simone, 'Little Girl Blue', 45 rpm APO pressing. have not bought any records in awhile; so a dozen or so just arrived. this was the first one I picked to play.....and it's a winner!!!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/103182/Nina_Simone-Little_Girl_Blue-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record

really fine pressing, in it's 45 rpm glory. i'm a total Nina fan. big, bold, meaty, spacious, and lively. highly recommended. maybe the only little issue for some might be the hard left vocals.....which sound wonderful.

nina.jpg

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Nina Simone, 'Little Girl Blue', 45 rpm APO pressing. have not bought any records in awhile; so a dozen or so just arrived. this was the first one I picked to play.....and it's a winner!!!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/103182/Nina_Simone-Little_Girl_Blue-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record

really fine pressing, in it's 45 rpm glory. i'm a total Nina fan. big, bold, meaty, spacious, and lively. highly recommended. maybe the only little issue for some might be the hard left vocals.....which sound wonderful.

View attachment 36666

Yes Mike. She sings from way left corner of my room. The piano strike is very very dynamic. Wonderful pressing as you said.
I ordered right after you posted and it came yesterday.

Thank you for recommending.
Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The Opus3. Peoria Jazzband "Passport to Jazz" that Gian recommend is also terrific. Not just good recording but the music itself is very entertaining and foottapping.

Tang

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Today is tape day.

Tang

For those of you who do not know him, Tele Monotiu was one of the world's great jazz pianists. Born in Catalonia, Spain, he was completely blind at birth. He was not only one of the most coveted sidemen as exemplified on the Ben Wester recording above, but was also a leader on his own recordings. His best work was on Steeplechase and the recordings are generally excellent. I own many of them and there are too many favorites to list, but a good starting point is his classic "Catalonian Nights"

51e7aA8cXGL._AC_US218_.jpg

Close on the heels would be "Tete", Tootie's Tempo" and "Tete a Tete". He had prodigious technique a la Oscar Peterson, and great passion as well. Sadly, he passed in 1997 at age 64 (lung cancer). Since he performed exclusively in Europe, I regret I never saw him live. But he was among a small and very elite group of jazz pianists who are rightfully regarded as "the best".

Reactions: hogen

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Marty, Thank you for a recommendation and a background.

I am listening to these. Excellent pressing modern recording although I am not a fan of her voice and style.

IMG_3184.JPG

Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing