Photo Critique and Edit Thread

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Here are a couple of my wife walking along the dunes in White Sands, NM
Hot as hell in July - and we camped there!!

28843315320_35a645c94d_h.jpg

29086227126_bb2a9f2a90_h.jpg

Reactions: NorthStar

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Thank you for sharing gfroman; the way you color treat and filter your work extensively creates visually striking images that are wonderful interpretations of the scenes themselves. Great work indeed!

Please post the original photos so that we may see the natural beauty of what you photographed....

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hey, I will join in that. :)

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Thought I would add a collection I shot called, "People of the World"

15982545037_c6018b6de7_c.jpg

15544867284_8596971208_c.jpg

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Gfroman
Wow!! The "People of The World" series are amazing pictures... Any Instagram or equivalent account where we can see more of your pictures? You wetted my (our?) appetite. Congratulations . Excellent photography! They jump to the eye even on a regular laptop screen ( Lenovo Thinkpad T430, not the last word in anything video ...)

Now since this is also supposed to be a critique thread as per the title I have some problems with the pictures of your wife walking ... There are IMO too many elements vying to be the center of attention ... or her silhouette and the sun next to each other ... Not that I could have done better at this stage of my photographic skills but .. eh?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Gfroman
Wow!! The "People of The World" series are amazing pictures... Any Instagram or equivalent account where we can see more of your pictures? You wetted my (our?) appetite. Congratulations . Excellent photography! They jump to the eye even on a regular laptop screen ( Lenovo Thinkpad T430, not the last word in anything video ...)

When you click on this photograph ? it'll bring you directly to Mr. Gregg Froman's FB Photos. There is a very nice assortment.

Now since this is also supposed to be a critique thread as per the title I have some problems with the pictures of your wife walking ... There are IMO too many elements vying to be the center of attention ... or her silhouette and the sun next to each other ... Not that I could have done better at this stage of my photographic skills but .. eh?

Me I like it, because one his wife is an angel of radiance and two it gives us the scope's size of the vistas.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw the same trick years ago in a Morrocco Medina and learnt they had defanged the snake :p

BruceD
Id doesn't matter Bruce, cuz it's still a snake

How I remember this following scene from Indiana Jones.........it's either the snake or the poison darts. For me it would be easy :)

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Just back from a trip out to northern Arizona!

Last edited:

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks, Guys.
Haven't been here for a while, so I will add some recent photos I took this year.

Our trip to Monument Valley, Utah.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
"Frozen in Time" - Glacier Bay, Iceland

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Shot this in Kirkjefel.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

Delicate Arch - Nikon D800 w/16mm

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing