test
test
test
test

Thread: Golden Gate DAC arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by sujay View Post
    Hi Ferrox,

I have the same problem. My AES/EBU never worked right from when I bought it new. I hooked up my Bryston bdp-2 server through USB which works fine though, thankfully. Not sure whether it's a problem with the balanced input in the BIG7 or the toggle switch in the rear. It's not an issue with my Bryston as i.e. Balanced connections worked fine with another DAC that I plugged it into. Just so that I am clear, I have one toggle switch in the rear which allows me to select between AES/EBU and spdif and the front backlit switch toggles b/w USB and spdif. I have the r2r for pcm/dsd.

As an aside, my spdif, which used to connect my CDP to the big 7 has also conked off now.... the big 7 is en route to Poland for repairs. Indeed frustrating. But I'm using this opportunity to get the superclocks installed!

Cheers

Sujay
    Thanks for sharing your experience. It's harder for me to ship it back to Poland for upgrade because of the distance and the customs processes I have to deal with. Not easy when you are living in this part of the globe.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! sujay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrox View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. It's harder for me to ship it back to Poland for upgrade because of the distance and the customs processes I have to deal with. Not easy when you are living in this part of the globe.
    Same in South Africa where I am currently resident....I am making a customs declaration though that the export is for servicing and repairs. Hopefully that should work

Brgds

Sujay

Quote Originally Posted by sujay View Post
    Same in South Africa where I am currently resident....I am making a customs declaration though that the export is for servicing and repairs. Hopefully that should work

Brgds

Sujay
    Dear Sujay, did you ship it with its flight case?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! sujay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrox View Post
    Dear Sujay, did you ship it with its flight case?
    No, in the carton!

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Wow you must be be the first one to get the i2s on a Lampi. Please let us know how it compares to the USB.

Is yours single ended? I would suggest buying a pair, used or new, of KR PX25, special EML Lampi mesh globe anniversary 45 (one of these two sounds better than the other depending on the system) and KR 242 (which if the gain works takes the system to new levels). Get the KR 5u4g recti made for the Lampi.

tubes sell well in the used market so you don't lose much if at all.

Sorry but can't help with single PX4, best is to try KR Audio and give them a number for your tube - they will tell you how to look it up, and get another one made for you. The PX4 are good but not as good as the three above.
    No not single ended.

I do have the KR 5u4g. I will contact KR. Thanks

There is an issue with the GG playing Hi Res with the I2s according to PF. I am sure is isn't much of a problem. I will know more Monday when Lukasz gets back with me. It is playing though and PF says that the I2s sounds better than USB. They are big I2s proponents.

I may move to other tubes at some point. I just need to get my equipment home. I am a little taxed out on funds for toys! One used GG and dual PF servers...

You see the GG. The two boxes on the left are my new fully loaded Pink Faun STREAMER 2.16 duals.

I got duals because I want to use for video playback as well. This was the best solution I could find. Plus the PF power supplies are as sexy as you can get. I also prefer to not have a bunch of different boxes hanging off my equipment. One big box hanging off one big box works for me though!!

Name:  dac5-min.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  940.5 KB

Evo, are you in Europe?

Evo, are you in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Evo, are you in Europe?
    No, far Northern California. Six hours north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

All three units are at Pink Faun in Rhenen NL currently.
    Last edited by Evo-No-Revo; 07-21-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evo-No-Revo View Post
    No, far Northern California. Six hours north of the Bay Area.

All three units are at Pink Faun in Rhenen NL currently.
    OK thanks!

I thought you may be in the NLs.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    On a separate note we heard the EML mesh PX4 and compared it to the KR PX4 in dctomís system. The EML mesh had some musicality due to the way it sustained a note on individual vocals and instruments, but when we put in orchestral it was extremely flat planed compared to the KR, much less separation, dynamics, bass, slam. Then we put in brand new KR 242 and they were a few levels up. A bit hard, probably due to the newness, but the noise floor went so low and we could see through the music. The soundstage would grow huge with the music
    have been running in the 242s and they are improving all the time, big soundstage, powerful dynamic swings. Piano sounds terrific, fantastic bass.

Page 136 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast