Horch House at the High End, Munich May 2015 (29 Titles on Sale)

Will definitely drop by...btw, what speakers will you be playing?
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to Mr. Lang :D

Sam

We'll be playing the Vivid Giya G3; which are quite a potent performer.

Cheers

Philip

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Larry,

I too was hoping that The Tape Project would have some new titles to announce at the Newport Show, unfortunately it was not to be. It will be great to hear some of the existing titles on 1/2" but for new music it looks like we need to look to Europe for the time being. Besides Horch House, we will also play the 2015 demo reel from Open Reel Records - http://www.openreelrecords.com/

I will post my impressions of all these new tapes (to me at least) after the Newport Show.

Ciao

Philip

Look forward to hearing these demo reels in your room in Newport Beach!

Thank you for all your wishes !

Hello an good day,

i would like to express my deep thank you for all the wishes and emails concerning my hospital visit.
I am back home today. It would need a week or so to recover and go back to work.

The master tape copies are our hobby. We say this fills our soul.
The fridge is filled by our work for the auto mobile industry. We are welding experts for the car body.

Our big start was on high end show 2014 in munich under our automotive company Lutz Precision.
It was never thought to sell from Oscar Peterson more than 2000 Tape Copies in 12 month.
In 2014 we copied around 6000 Master Tapes. This was killing us in delivery and response time.

Until today we invested more than 300 TSD USD in our Tape copy System and reference hearing room.

Our Automotive Company in the US is located Chicago / Bensenville.
We are in the process to use this facility as are warehouse for our master tape copies.
Our goal is to bring this up and running within 2 month. From 01. of August we will
ship our best sellers direct out of stock in Chicago. I hope this is a good signal to all of you.

We are driven by you. It is highly appreciated to get your feedback what releases you like
to see in the future from us. And of course about our packing, service and quality.
Without you we can not improve what we are doing.

Next releases later this year are:
MPS Title: Monty Alexander Live At Montreux
MPS Title: Singers Unlimited/ Oscar Peterson In Tune
MPS Title: Count Basie Orchestra High Voltage
Deutsche Grammophon: Gustav Holst - The Planets - Boston Symphony Orchester - William Steinberg
Sony Classics: An Historic Return – Horowitz at Carnegie Hall
Sony Classics: Chopin — The Nocturnes - Rubinstein

Thank you again
Kind regards
Volker

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
The master tape copies are our hobby. We say this fills our soul.
The fridge is filled by our work for the auto mobile industry. We are welding experts for the car body.

Our big start was on high end show 2014 in munich under our automotive company Lutz Precision.
It was never thought to sell from Oscar Peterson more than 2000 Tape Copies in 12 month.
In 2014 we copied around 6000 Master Tapes. This was killing us in delivery and response time.

Next releases later this year are:
  • MPS Title: Monty Alexander Live At Montreux
  • MPS Title: Singers Unlimited/ Oscar Peterson In Tune
  • MPS Title: Count Basie Orchestra High Voltage
  • Deutsche Grammophon: Gustav Holst - The Planets - Boston Symphony Orchester - William Steinberg
  • Sony Classics: An Historic Return – Horowitz at Carnegie Hall
  • Sony Classics: Chopin — The Nocturnes - Rubinstein

Thank you again
Kind regards
Volker

Thanks for the update. And best wishes on your recovery.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Thanks, Volker. We are fortunate that your passion enriches our lives. I've had great enjoyment from listening to the 9 albums that I got from you last year. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. And also, glad that your day job keeps the refrigerator full.

Larry

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010

They are amazing numbers. You mean that just of The Oscar Peterson Tapes you sold 2000 reels or was that individual songs. I was under the impression that master tapes were very low volume like 50-200 copies per year for a tape was a lot. Where you say 4000 tapes in 2014 is just amazing. That is about 16 tapes per working day. Are you guy exhausted. If this is so, that means that tape is growing faster than vinyl. On top of that there are more master tape companies starting new then in vinyl.

We sold from Oscar Peterson Exclusively for my friends - 6 different tapes - all together around 2000 tapes until now.
In the past there was not a lot of master tape copy suppliers out there. Now we have a nice selection where we can buy from.
Tapes for sure not growing faster than vinyl in quantities. But we have to say we see every day new people starting in
master tape playback. We have own companies in brasil, us, mexico, spain, germany, austria,
slovakia, china, slovakia. This hubs we use as warehouses for local supply. Specially China is growing very fast in master tape
playback. Let´s just be happy that our hobby is growing and brings us new tapes every month to explore.

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
I just took a few moment to count how many master tapes are now available. To my surprise it is 307 Master tapes. One year ago there was nothing near this amount. I added up all 16 master tape companies like Tape Project, Yarlung, Opus3, UltraAnalogue, Fone, ABC of China etc to come up with that number. This is clearly a growing sector.

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
I was curious what countries buy master tapes?. Is the US up there or is Europe and maybe China the top country buying your tapes.

Our sales is as follow:

1. china
2. south korea
3. usa
4. europe

Congratulations Volker,

Your packaging is the best I have seen so far from anyone supplying Master Tape; it truly looks like a professional product. Delighted to read that you have access to SONY's Columbia catalogue, there are some real treasures there.

The sound quality of the Oscar Peterson & the DG recording of Strauss' "Also sprach Zarathustra" are both first class.

Congratulations !

Thank you very much for all your commends.

I have two questions i am not sure with.

1. We are planning to attend audio shows 2016 in US.
Could you recommend where we have to be ?

2. Some of our upcoming classical releases we can
get the original mono recordings as well.
Is there any interest in mono recordings on reel to reel ?

wish all of you a good day
Volker

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013

Volker

Some of the key U.S. Audio shows to consider:
  • The Show Newport - May (Largest Audio Show in North America)
  • Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - Denver - October
  • AXPONA - Chicago Area - April

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010

Volker

Dear Voker,

I concur with bmoura. Relative to mono recordings on R2R...this might be an ideal opportunity to assess the Studer Schmetterling/butterfly heads :cool:
Get well, soon! :)

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Hi Volker , Hope you have recovered nicely . My friend , Danon & I ( Song ) bought more than 10 tapes each in MOC 2015 ( paid u through PayPal ) . We were charged for over weight luggage by KLM . It was a big hassle carrying it all over Salzburg & Vienna after MOC. However it's worth it . I love what I heard . Great sonic quality tapes. Looking forward to buy more esp the Planet & Count Basie tapes .

Last edited:

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Hi Volker , Hope you have recovered nicely . My friend , Danon & I ( Song ) bought more than 10 tapes each in MOC 2015 ( paid u through PayPal ) . We were charged for over weight luggage by KLM . It was a big hassle carrying it all over Salzburg & Vienna after MOC. However it's worth it . I love what I heard . Great sonic quality tapes. Looking forward to buy more esp the Planet & Count Basie tapes .

Well worth it, I concur.

I bought 3 tittles (4 tapes) from Volker and was 1.8Kgs (just under 4 lbs) over weight! Euro 100 were the charges for overweight baggage! Of course, I couldn't help myself buying all the LP's in the Saturn music shop either.

You only live once!

Feb 16, 2015
Norway
Just want to put in a strong recommendation of the Beethoven Missa Solemnis tapes. This is first of all beautiful music and the sound quality on these tapes are just fantastic! The soundstage are huge with a fantastic fundament. The choirs are big, airy and sounding so natural, I`m in the hall. This one has become one of my favorites.

I wonder how the other Eterna tapes sounds....Just one way to find out.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing