Two white guys asking for money....

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone. Sorry for the title but had to do something to get your attention to read this thread :). We are reaching out to you to make another round of donations to WBF. If you were kind enough to have done so in our first round, we hope you extend your generosity to support us yet again with any amount you feel comfortable. If you have not yet donated, we ask that you support us with any amount you can set aside.

Our first donation round gave us nice relief in the form of funding our ongoing expenses. No, that didn’t include any audio purchases :). We hope for the funding to continue to support the operational costs of the forum. So please hit the donate button and contribute what you can. Lest you want face two grumpy hosts of this forum thinking they are “poor” all of a sudden because they have some bills to pay. :D

Thank you everyone. Both for your donations and for helping create such a wonderful and informative home for all of us.

Steve and Amir

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Hello everyone. Sorry for the title but had to do something to get your attention to read this thread :). We are reaching out to you to make another round of donations to WBF. If you were kind enough in our first round, we hope you extend your generosity to support us yet again with any amount you feel comfortable.

Our first donation round gave us nice relief in the form of funding our ongoing expenses. No, that didn’t include any audio purchases :). We hope for the funding to continue to support the operational costs of the forum. So please hit the donate button and contribute what you can. Lest you want face two grumpy hosts of this forum thinking they are “poor” all of a sudden because they have some bills to pay. :D

Thank you everyone. Both for your donations and for helping create such a wonderful and informative home for all of us.

Steve and Amir

Just sent. There was no option to add a comment that I could see.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
This thread needs a trigger warning :D

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Since you guys aren't trying to extract money from me to do basic things such as PM, post pictures, have a sig, etc. I made a donation.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Since you guys aren't trying to extract money from me to do basic things such as PM, post pictures, have a sig, etc. I made a donation.

Thanks Bud for the donation and right on with your comment about other sites.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks a lot Carol. Sorry for the racist nature of it. It was Google that suggested a Dog instead of a cat. :D

When I try to find cat cartoons, it shows stuff like this:

:)

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I happily donate whenever requested but I am interested to know a little more.

Does WBF have any other sources of income other than donations? Is there an economic philosophy behind WBF? IOW, are the owners opposed to generating income from advertising revenue?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I can't believe it's a year!

I just made my donation.

I know you, unlike our government, won't waste it! :D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I happily donate whenever requested but I am interested to know a little more.

Does WBF have any other sources of income other than donations? Is there an economic philosophy behind WBF? IOW, are the owners opposed to generating income from advertising revenue?
Thank you so much for your kind donation and support of the forum. No, we have had no other source of funding than one round of donations last year. Original motivation was just to create a great home for all of us to discuss things we love. It was not economic in nature. The first year cost was not prohibitive and Steve and I funded it. But then every year we have to pay our hosting and software fees and it started to add up to thousands of dollars since inception. Hence the request for donations.

We have looked at advertising as another source as we are still in a hole relative to our total investment so far. We are looking at rolling out advertising for visitors/non-members of the site, hoping to not subject the membership to other distracting content on the page.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
FWIW, I think advertising would be fine with me. IMO, there will be advertising on the forum, whether you approve it or not. At least, you could help fund the cause with official advertising.

Either way, I enjoy this forum and look forward to many years visiting with friends about music.

Thank you so much for your kind donation and support of the forum. No, we have had no other source of funding than one round of donations last year. Original motivation was just to create a great home for all of us to discuss things we love. It was not economic in nature. The first year cost was not prohibitive and Steve and I funded it. But then every year we have to pay our hosting and software fees and it started to add up to thousands of dollars since inception. Hence the request for donations.

We have looked at advertising as another source as we are still in a hole relative to our total investment so far. We are looking at rolling out advertising for visitors/non-members of the site, hoping to not subject the membership to other distracting content on the page.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

Thank you...no ads please.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
A little late but sent this morning.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing